Derek Chauvin. Guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people that are gunned down are not criminals, just people going about their everyday lives. This is the problem people are talking about - not criminals being chased by the cops.
Coming from a country where cops have guns, I have to say that here in UK crime is not worse or more violent than there.
I suppose that criminals knowing that cops are not armed, tempt not to arm themselves by default.
Instead, in America all criminals carry guns.
Said this, here in UK a more robust enforcement is needed on anyone carrying a weapon.
They talked about a 5 year mandatory sentence for anyone carrying a knife, but as we know this is not happening.
I would suggest a 5 year mandatory sentence for anyone carrying a knife and 20 years for firearms.
Anyone against this mandatory sentences should serve 5 years at her majesty pleasure.

Sponsored Links
Coming from a country where cops have guns, I have to say that here in UK crime is not worse or more violent than there.
I suppose that criminals knowing that cops are not armed, tempt not to arm themselves by default.
Said this, here in UK a more robust enforcement is needed on anyone carrying a weapon.
They talked about a 5 year mandatory sentence for anyone carrying a knife, but as we know this is not happening.
I would suggest a 5 year mandatory sentence for anyone carrying a knife and 20 years for firearms.
Anyone against this mandatory sentences should serve 5 years at her majesty pleasure.

the UK justice system and police force is broken.....underfunded.
coupled with an ever increasing level of inequality its no wonder we have real problems

far more investment needs to be made in the criminal justice system so criminals get charged and sentenced very fast.

yeah, need to get the drug dealers off the streets.
I think the problem is that the police and CPS know that if you take one off, another will replace them. The problem won't go away, you'll just create more criminals - same number on the streets, more behind bars plotting what to do when they get out.

Sponsored Links
Also, doesn't America have the highest percentage of people in prison anywhere in the world? Proof that prison does not stop crime and murder.

In the trial there were witness statements from off-duty officers and firefighters who were asking him to get off Floyd and pointing out that he was non-responsive and urging them to start first aid. But he just knelt there.

The "mob" came later.

Oh I see -Bodd was referring to the mob that started later.

the people around whilst it was happening were pleading for the policeman to get off his neck

Also, doesn't America have the highest percentage of people in prison anywhere in the world? Proof that prison does not stop crime and murder.
ironic as its called "the land of the free"

of course prisons in USA are privatised -lowering crime doesnt benefit those businesses.

the UK justice system and police force is broken.....underfunded.
coupled with an ever increasing level of inequality its no wonder we have real problems

far more investment needs to be made in the criminal justice system so criminals get charged and sentenced very fast.
And more excuses...

"Police in some areas of Britain have “increased the number of crimes they decided not to investigate” during the coronavirus pandemic, a watchdog has revealed.
HM Inspectorate of Constabulary warned that victims were being affected by potentially “worrying” changes, which come as the proportion of recorded crimes charged stands at a record low of 7 per cent."

the people around whilst it was happening were pleading for the policeman to get off his neck
That's what bodd meant. Bod's under the impression that their desperate pleas somehow encouraged the rozzers to murder George.

Says a lot about bodd

That's what bodd meant. Bod's under the impression that their desperate pleas somehow encouraged the rozzers to murder George.

Says a lot about bodd
Says a lot about the attitudes of people in the respective countries...

People in the US realise that if they were to intervene they might well be gunned down...

I can tell you for a fact that were my partner to witness something similar here she wouldn't be filming but remonstrating with plod without the fear of being killed...

And I'm sure that like me many would actually try to prevent a person in the act of killing another human being for no reason...

And sod the consequences!

But as I have said before, for the most part we don't have the risk in the UK of being gunned down by plod...

But then I'm not in possession of a black skin!

In all this story i don't understand why they kept him on the ground for so long.
He was cuffed and in America they also cuff your ankles if they need to, so why keeping him on the ground?
Is there really a wish to kill another human being by slowly suffocating him?
If so, how's this derek even become a cop?
Didn't they realise he was a wannabe murderer?

Chauvin was following procedure where at the time kneeling on the back of a perp was one method of restraint. It's when he decided to continue to kneel on George did he then break protocols. If this had not been filmed I very much doubt that this would have lead to a conviction. If Chauvin had relented then I very much doubt if anything would have been made of this.

Officers killing civilians tend to be spur of the moment where they shoot quickly like the Adam Toledo killing. In this instance Chauvin had ample opportunity to desist from what he was doing.

Totally agree he was a rotten cop. I've never understood bent coppers. I think Cops need to be tough but need to have control... Baying mobs are also not acceptable or resisting arrest.. I'm not saying our police force are perfect but they are one of the best.

Is this resisting arrest?

He is pleading for his life and crying.

Cuts to the Prison system and law courts - need to fund that first. Policing and detention cannot be done on the cheap or by private providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back