Derek Chauvin. Guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, this was courtroom justice. The verdict was reached by a jury, the sentence was delivered by a judge in accordance with the law of the land.

I notice you don't like that.
I did notice that, and give as much about it as I do about the criminal who was killed.

The issue is why would the President of that land proclaim that it was the "right" decision, implying that if the jury went the other way, in accordance with the law of the land, then that would be the wrong decision?

I notice that you didn't notice that.

Sponsored Links
Although the copper overstepped the mark by the use of his knee and being found guilty was the correct verdict in my mind, there’s just one thing I can’t understand. On all the first aid courses I’ve been on, the one thing we are told in the event of a major incident where triage is needed is to leave those that are screaming and shouting because, and this is the term that is often used, that is if they are talking, they are breathing. That’s the only thing I can’t understand about this "I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe" part of it.
I guess you obviously can't understand the concept of a dying breath...

He wasn't 'screaming and shouting', he was gasping for air...

Why are you such an apologist for brutal police actions?

The latest 'cops are all murderers of blacks' episode has been filmed live in Columbus Ohio. A 16 year old honour student was shot dead by police after SHE called them for assistance at her home. In America, if a black child calls the cops for help, she's killed...

Well, that's one angle. The protesters are not too keen on this angle though...

the copper deserves an award in that one, what fantastic decision making, he may very well of saved that young womans life.

What a predicament to be in, if you get it right you save a life and have done your job, get it wrong and you could go to prison for the rest of your life.

Many people that are gunned down are not criminals, just people going about their everyday lives. This is the problem people are talking about - not criminals being chased by the cops.
I believe that more white people are shot by the police than black people.
Whats that all about.

Sponsored Links
There was another case a few years ago when a cop shot an Australian woman, she was just talking to his partner, not committing any crime. He got 12 years for it. This guy Chauvin should not get a tougher sentence than the other cop.

Curiously, Biden praises a guilty verdict ...

"At least now there is some justice."
"A giant step forward in the march toward justice in America".
Biden is entitled to have an opinion on the case, just as you are.
He is the POTUS, he is not the judge, the jury, or in any other way related to the case.
If you don't like his opinion, hard luck. i don't suppose he cares much about yours.

WTF? I can't get my breath.
Then calm down, take it easy. If you're going to get in such a tizzy, you'll make it difficult for yourself.
Luckily there's no-one kneeling on your neck.

This implies that a 'not guilty' verdict in a fair trial of his peers would not have been "justice" and would have been wrong, and therefore the copper must have been guilty right from the start even before the trial began.
You've also got yourself all flummoxed.
A not guilty verdict of a guilty person would indeed be unfair. Similarly, guilty verdict of a not guilty person would be also unfair.
If a person is guilty, they are guilty at the moment of committing the crime. They don't become guilty at some point afterwards.
The whole point of the trial is to determine if they were guilty, at the moment of committing the crime.
Clearly the jury thought that the copper was guilty at the moment of committing the crime, therefore, it is considered the correct verdict even if you disagree.

Or is Biden saying that his own system of justice is not in fact fair and err just?
Biden doesn't have his own system of justice.

So there is only one type of 'justice' and that is the justice of the mob. :rolleyes: Just like the leftie justice of the Twitter and FB mob then, if they say you are guilty, then you are guilty.
Don't be petulant. If the people on twitter or FB decide you are guilty, nothing happens. If the court decide you are guilty, you are punished. That's how the system works.

The issue is why would the President of that land proclaim that it was the "right" decision, implying that if the jury went the other way, in accordance with the law of the land, then that would be the wrong decision?
It's his opinion. He's entitled to his opinion.
It would be far more worrying if he disagreed publicly with the courts.
Now which leader of the government would oppose a court's decision, and publicly berate the the court?

There was another case a few years ago when a cop shot an Australian woman, she was just talking to his partner, not committing any crime. He got 12 years for it. This guy Chauvin should not get a tougher sentence than the other cop.
What was the reason for the Australian woman being shot?
If Chauvin's crime was racially motivated, it deserves a harsher sentence on that basis.

This is the first conviction of murder by a white officer in the state. This is a rare event.

https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net%2Fprod%2F9e4cbd40-a21e-11eb-a016-0f729c8e9f7b-standard.png

According to Stinson’s research, about a thousand people are killed each year by US police, mostly by shooting. Less than 2 per cent of those deaths resulted in charges being filed against officers.

Since 2005, Stinson has counted 140 cases of police being arrested on charges of murder or manslaughter as a result of an on-duty shooting. Of the 97 cases that have concluded, only seven resulted in murder convictions. More than half were dismissed or resulted in acquittals. Some were reduced to lesser offences.

the copper deserves an award in that one, what fantastic decision making, he may very well of saved that young womans life.

What a predicament to be in, if you get it right you save a life and have done your job, get it wrong and you could go to prison for the rest of your life.

No you don't, or you like making up stats?

I believe that more white people are shot by the police than black people.
Whats that all about.
Your point has been dealt with on several occasions.
If you're too lazy to revise your previous identical comment and the responses, don't expect others to pander to your pointless repetitive comment.
But to refute your silly comment again, the percentage of Black people in US is about 13%, but they account for about 30% of the people killed by police.
So Black people are more likely to be shot by police in USA.

I did notice that, and give as much about it as I do about the criminal who was killed.

I notice that you didn't notice that.

Perhaps if you look at the low conviction rates and facts. But hey when did facts ever bother you?

Protest enough or threaten to riot
And you can get a murderer to walk free ;) in the USA :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back