Dimplex heater won't turn on after reset (timer issue?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Dimplex panel heater of unknown model (but it appears to be old), and the manual has gone missing. The unit appeared to stop generating heat while switched on, so I pressed the Reset button. This made a click but then caused the lights in the two red switches on the side (which normally light up when the unit is on) to turn off even when switched on. (They now only light up while the Reset button is held.)

There are various buttons on a circular digital readout, including Prog, Mode, S, D, H, M, and C, which appear to be timer controls. I'm guessing the timer setting has disabled the heat and am trying to get the unit back to manual on/off mode, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I also tried toggling the power switches on and off, but this has no effect - the power lights remain off in all cases.

As I don't have a manual and I've struggled to locate the correct model online, I'm not sure what to do.

Sponsored Links
Add photographs of the heater and especially the controls. Perhaps someone will recognise it. If not, send them to the makers.

Floor standing?

Wall-mounted?

Storage heater?

Can you see anywhere on it a ratings plate or sticker?

This may have a model number.

Sponsored Links
Second thoughts, I think not. It does not have two red lights on it.

Is the reset button accessible without opening the heater cabinet?

I'm attaching a couple images. All the buttons I'm aware of are on the outside of the unit. The Reset button is the tiny one on the right which requires a paperclip to push.

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_162751234.jpg
    IMG_20160530_162751234.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_20160530_162807754.jpg
    IMG_20160530_162807754.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 642
OK, so it has the same clock as the one in the Dimplex instructions I posted, but the other controls are on the side, not above the clock.

Please look for a ratings plate. Probably near where the flex goes in, possibly underneath the unit.

If yours is wall-mounted (as it looks), it could be on the rear. My wall-mounted Dimplex lifts off and tilts forward on chains.

Try and unhook yours from the wall and look if you cannot find it anywhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back