Does anybody think a 2nd spike is likely

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure that the UK will admit it shot itself in the leg right at the start with CV19.
Agreed.
I'm sure first reports of that S Korean second outbreak (when the bars and clubs reopened, a couple of weeks ago) were that one guy had infected almost 1500 people:confused:

What was he doing, licking them? :eek::mrgreen:

Mmmmm I think you have the numbers wrong. He went to a bar. Some say more than one bar. Korea say infections spread from 1 bar.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-korea/

Might add for 100k tests a day an many in the post man that their turn round time is a couple of hours.

Mmmmm I think you have the numbers wrong. He went to a bar.

Mmmmmm. I did say "initial reports". These may have subsequently been revised.
It was also initially reported that the guy had been to five clubs / bars, although some reports subsequently reduced this to three.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure that the UK will admit it shot itself in the leg right at the start with CV19.
You having a laugh?
Tests debacle, twisted and backpedaled.
PPE, twisted and distorted.
Care Homes scandal.
Russian Interference Report.
No advancement yet on Border checks.
Other broken promises in WA.
£350 million for the NHS.
All those new hospitals, and new nurses.

The list goes on.
And you think the government will hold their incompetent hands up and say, "fair do's, we made a mess of it."

Mmmmm I think you have the numbers wrong. He went to a bar. Some say more than one bar. Korea say infections spread from 1 bar.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-korea/

Might add for 100k tests a day an many in the post man that their turn round time is a couple of hours.

Also, the "easing of the lockdown" in SK was cut short by this "patient zero", for bars and clubs anyway : reported that they were ordered to close again for a month.....

Actually, opening the pubs and clubs for one weekend a month wouldn't be much different than the phenomenon of "pay day pizz up", where half the population seems to go out and go mad......

Actually, opening the pubs and clubs for one weekend a month wouldn't be much different than the phenomenon of "pay day pizz up", where half the population seems to go out and go mad......
It was much better being weekly paid in cash, spread the load

Blame the lockdown for not building up a herd community.
Indeed, if we'd gone for well over six times (taking a wild guess on 10% of the population infected and 60% needed for herd immunity) the number of dead (hospitals were just starting to have to turn people away at its worst) we might have enough herd immunity to slow the progression now.

You having a laugh?
Care Homes scandal.

The list goes on.
And you think the government will hold their incompetent hands up and say, "fair do's, we made a mess of it."

You've got some front bringing up PPE.
You live in France, tell us about the French Govt burning 1.7 billion face masks in the lead up to the pandemic, to reduce costs. No wonder they tried to hijack two Bitish lorries containing PPE.

You having a laugh?
Care Homes scandal.

The list goes on.

Dam. I decided not to post that comment but it's been restored when I posted the other bit.

:) Actually I'll amend it. Much of the west shot itself in the leg right at the start. Uk being better decided to chop it off completely. Think off Boris shaking hands with everybody for a start. Consider what S. Korea and Singapore did. The find the updated flu plan and read this lot starting at the oldest

https://www.gov.uk/search/transpare...ent=scientific-advisory-group-for-emergencies

Biggest problem with those is no record of how actual decisions were made. ;) Well wondering about that area, actual decisions.

You live in France, tell us about the French Govt burning 1.7 billion face masks in the lead up to the pandemic, to reduce costs.

It was to stop the Paris riot people from getting them and being a bit low on that months carbon emissions they decided to correct that as well.

I also think if it is going to happen it will be as we come into winter.

Could it spike in the Southern Hemisphere now they are coming into winter.

Sponsored Links
Back