Does anybody think a 3rd spike is likely?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Actually, I criticised the government for letting it go ahead. Very foolish and uncaring of them.

You criticised the Government for letting Cheltenham go ahead? I think I knew that already. Do you condemn the mass gatherings over the last two weekends?

Sponsored Links
so you've changed your mind?

No. You've criticised Cheltenham many times over in different words. I've paraphrased for simplicity and perhaps I misunderstood your opinion of the race goers. If so, I apologise if I've misrepresented your sentiments. I do understand your position on Cheltenham.

Do you condemn the mass gatherings over the last two weekends?

Cheltenham Festival was permitted to go ahead by our government, and I criticised it for that decision.

I also criticised our Prime Minister for brushing away the flouting by his most senior employee of the Prime Ministers instructions for self-isolation and lockdown.

If you can show me the authority that permitted the recent demonstrations to go ahead, it's only fair that I criticise them equally. Can you?

Sponsored Links
The race-goers attended a peaceful event that was lawful. The demonstrators attended a violent event that was unlawful. You approve of one and disapprove of the other. I understand your position now. Thank you.

Ah yes, I remember you saying the same thing about the Cheltenham Festival. 150,000 people. Packed like sardines.

_112043095_mediaitem112043094.jpg

Oooops no, my mistake, I don't

But they were overwhelmingly white, so don't spread disease. ?

3293.jpg

Or do they?

Please see the emboldened text in your post and answer the following.

1/ You say you remember me making a comment about the Cheltenham Festival. Can you show a link to the post that infers I said the same in that post as that which I have said in this post?

2/ What does the second emboldened text mean? Does it mean I didn't say something in the Cheltenham post or does it say you were mistaken and can't remember me posting a comment on the Cheltenham Festival?

Sometimes your replies to posts are quite convoluted and ambiguous to the point of prevarication and obfuscation. Are you an MP or just a hopeful acolyte?

can't remember me posting a comment on the Cheltenham Festival?

it means that when I looked, you hadn't commented about 150,000 people packed like sardines at Cheltenham, after other countries has already put a stop to such things (for people who are willing to follow instructions).

I thought for a moment that if you were concerned about mass gatherings, you might have done, but it seems I was mistaken.

150,000 people packed like sardines at Cheltenham, after other countries has already put a stop to such things (for people who are willing to follow instructions).
Cheltenham is not in another country, and as gatherings in this country were allowed at the time it was fine (or so it seemed at the time). There were various other large gatherings at the beginning of march, you don't mention them.

...gatherings in this country were allowed at the time it was fine (or so it seemed at the time)...

ah, so your objection is not to large gatherings, then.

Do you object to people "acting on their instincts?"

clearly you dont, it went straight over your head.

I understand perfectly the point that JohnD is making but I'm choosing to ignore it because it doesn't answer my question.

Let's strip this down for the comprehensionally challenged. Forget about the peaceful and lawful gathering at the race meeting.

Does JohnD condemn the people who attended unlawful and at times violent demonstrations over the last two weekends? A simple yes or no will do.

I do not approve of violence.

I do not approve of people who disobey the Prime Minister's instructions, especially when they are in a position of power and authority and can reasonably be expected to behave better.

I do not approve of a government that is so slow and incompetent in taking action that the number of infected and dead people rises needlessly when it could have been avoided.

I do not approve of 150,000 people packing themselves together when they know there is fatal, incurable, contagious disease at large in the country.

I do not feel the need to restrict myself to the last two weekends.

:LOL:Johnny. You're nothing if not predictable.

When I read your convoluted and obfuscating position-protecting posts, they always bring to mind the words of Lord Melchett "You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing". :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back