Does this quote sound fair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Supply and install the following:

1 x 6-way MK Consumer Unit with 63A DP Main switch, comprising of the following:

2 x 32A RCBO'S.
1 x 16A RCBO.
1 x 6A RCBO

Install main equipotential bonding to Water and Gas services.
Issue Electrical certification.
Notify work to building control.

£450.00

Whadda ya reckon?

I am based in SW London and it is a ground floor 2 bed falt.

Ta

Sponsored Links
It's not outrageous. Much depends on how easy/difficult it is to run the bonding to the services. If you think it's too much, get a second quote, but bear in mind that to fit a new CU requires testing of the whole installation. Therefore, there should be some contingency for problems which could arise, particularly if there was not previously any RCD protection. Plus a fair chunk of this quote is materials - RCBO boards aren't cheap.

Looks about right, can't really see it being done properly for less, particularly in London.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a bargain if it includes a PIR on the existing circuits that will be connected to the new CU. Does it?

Liam

I would have a bigger board so as to give you room for expansion. No spare ways is short-sighted.

I'd also up the DP switch rating to 100A, if the new board does not have one.

if i were doing the job i would estimate as follows;

12mod fuseboarosd £40
rcbos £160
bonding water gas materials (depending on length of 10m used) £30++
new 25mm tails +16mm ec £10
full test and inspect of circuits included
labour £200

total: £440.

pretty good estimate.

carl

Looks like a bargain if it includes a PIR on the existing circuits that will be connected to the new CU. Does it?

Liam

If PIR is a check on existing ciruits, then yes.

I would have a bigger board so as to give you room for expansion. No spare ways is short-sighted.

I'd also up the DP switch rating to 100A, if the new board does not have one.

At present, there is only a cooker circuit, socket ring and lighting circuit, so only 3 fuses in the current boad are used.

I cant really see adding any more seeing as all the wiring is laid under a concrete floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back