Drug use v prosecution

Sponsored Links
Black people USE less drugs than whites - but do they SELL more drugs than whites?

You go fishing where the fish are biting.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Quite depressing reading. Thanks for that, micilin.
It backs up my own awareness as far as drug use is concerned, i.e. more white people using drugs that black, asian, mixed race.

Black people USE less drugs than whites - but do they SELL more drugs than whites?

You go fishing where the fish are biting.

Based on what facts, experience, awareness, joe?

My own experience is that of a friends neighbour who was growing the stuff, he was raided by the police. He was white and all of his customers were white
Just my own awareness, based on real life.

Additionally, I'm absolutely sure that as far as the police are copncerned, there is no difference in selling, dealing or using that influences their attempts at detection, or influences the courts in sentencing.

I'll look again at the article, but I'm pretty sure that dealing, growing and using will be all encompassed by the statistics.

Edit:
Yes, I thought so;
the first sentence of the report, especially for joe:
"This report demonstrates that the policing and prosecutions of drug possession....../"
Will you still maintain you incorrect assertion, joe?

Sponsored Links
How do you sell it without possessing it? :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
How do you sell it without possessing it? :confused:
So your interpretation of the report, then, joe, is that black people sell it for white people to use it?

That's a very biased interpretation. The report makes no such intimation.
On what do you base your assertion?

some apparently relevant stats missing off the website, first one is the percentage of stop n searches that result in finding drugs, and the numbers overall numbers of people.

also like your anecdotal experience rogue, I was watching a series of police camera action and a white man found with drugs went quietly but a black man assaulted the officers and made off. I imagine that would be a factor in deciding the action to take for the drugs found. again, the report does not include stats in which the offences were compounded with making off.

I don't know what he said, but it didn't take long for old 'Chip on the Shoulder' to put in his four penn'orth, did it? What a surprise!

I don't know what he said, but it didn't take long for old 'Chip on the Shoulder' to put in his four penn'orth, did it? What a surprise!
Then why don't you try engaging with my comments rather than attempting to insult me?

some apparently relevant stats missing off the website, first one is the percentage of stop n searches that result in finding drugs, and the numbers overall numbers of people.

also like your anecdotal experience rogue, I was watching a series of police camera action and a white man found with drugs went quietly but a black man assaulted the officers and made off. I imagine that would be a factor in deciding the action to take for the drugs found. again, the report does not include stats in which the offences were compounded with making off.
Some good points about missing statistics. However, the disparity is hardly contentious.
Is your suggestion, based on your one example, of white ciminals being less violent than black criminals pure conjecture?
Or do you have other infomation to support you suggestion?

it was an obviously ridiculous example to illustrate that drawing a conclusion about a group based on an observation of one example is fundamentally flawed and unfair.

my point isn't about whether they are violent, just what other factors play in the arrest, ie did the stop n search also turn up stole not goods, did they give a false name, did they have a warrant out already etc. I would suggest if it was as clear cut as black and white the report would include this information, so it's very conspicuous by its absence.

it was an obviously ridiculous example to illustrate that drawing a conclusion about a group based on an observation of one example is fundamentally flawed and unfair.

my point isn't about whether they are violent, just what other factors play in the arrest, ie did the stop n search also turn up stole not goods, did they give a false name, did they have a warrant out already etc. I would suggest if it was as clear cut as black and white the report would include this information, so it's very conspicuous by its absence.

So are you suggesting that during stop and search of black people, there are other outstanding matters or influences that affect the eventual outcome? Whereas, with stop and search of white people, there are no other outstanding matters?

How do you make that deduction?
Are you looking for some reason to not accept the validity of the report?
Why?

There is nothing to challenge.

More of them get stopped and searched, the report claims this is the cause for more arrests.

There is no way of knowing that this is true, or if whites where stopped equally they would face equal arrest rates.

The facts support both the arguments that blacks deal more drugs or that blacks face unfair levels of prosecution.

There is nothing to challenge.

More of them get stopped and searched, the report claims this is the cause for more arrests.

There is no way of knowing that this is true, or if whites where stopped equally they would face equal arrest rates.

The facts support both the arguments that blacks deal more drugs or that blacks face unfair levels of prosecution.

How do the figures support the former?

Edit: incidentally the figures don't support any assumptions about individuals one meets being more or less likely to use drugs, regardless of them being black or white.

Sponsored Links
Back