Easing of Rules

Things will get worse no doubt, but so long as hospitals are coping then all good.

Easing of restrictions coincides with school holidays, when people tend to ignore rules anyway. Will hope to boost more leisure trade.
Combined with fully vaccinated adults and children not needed to isolate if exposed, it is essentially saying, HERD IMMUNITY HERE WE COME.

I think we'd need to see 100+ deaths a day now before restrictions are put back. Averaging 14 a day, near the end of the summer term, which suggests even with super-spreader children mingling, and a more contagious Delta variant, we've mostly got it under control.

Just need the rain to stop now.

Sponsored Links
At some stage we need to rip the band aid off.

The economy cannot cope for too much longer in various sectors, the mental health of many has suffered too much and it would be a tall ask to continue further and all those that have had operations delayed and will now likely be 18 months behind where they should have been or how many hidden illness patients there have been and gone due to the restrictions it's not fair on them.

They've already decided that this will be something we have to live with and possibly likely regular vaccine top ups will be required, so it doesn't make sense to postpone it further.

What's the point in getting everyone vaccinated if we are going to continue with lockdown rules of some description.

I'd also be interested to know what the percentage of people who don't want to have the vaccine is to those that do.

They've offered it to all over 18s, and kids are largely unaffected. The only doubt is the effect of long covid, which is more common than many people realise.
I myself still have days where I need a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon! It's OK while I am still working from home, not sure how that will work when back in the office ...
at least much less frequent now.

SAGE reckon that if things are relaxed on the 19th, there will have to be a reintroduction of restrictions in the Autumn....
There will be more lockdowns in autumn, winter and spring every year regardless.
They have too many God Covid followers to bin this religion now.

Sponsored Links
They've offered it to all over 18s, and kids are largely unaffected. The only doubt is the effect of long covid, which is more common than many people realise.
I myself still have days where I need a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon! It's OK while I am still working from home, not sure how that will work when back in the office ...
at least much less frequent now.
Ask your employer for adaptations and get a bed in the office.
If you don't ask you don't get and i have seen some absurd requests being granted.

Ask your employer for adaptations and get a bed in the office.
If you don't ask you don't get and i have seen some absurd requests being granted.

Nah, I'll wait and see if I fall asleep in the chair. I was tired all the time 6 months ago, probably once every few weeks now I get hit sudden tiredness.

Maybe I am just older now ...

Nah, I'll wait and see if I fall asleep in the chair. I was tired all the time 6 months ago, probably once every few weeks now I get hit sudden tiredness.

Maybe I am just older now ...

Ive not had covid (as far as I'm aware) but I'm the same past 6 months I've done the nodding dog routine when sat at the desk around lunch time, it's a struggle to keep awake. Even when not at the desk I get super tired in the afternoon regardless of what I'm doing, I generally power through it, albeit I become grumpy and agitated. I've put it down to getting older..

Get an antibody test, you might have had it. A mate had it and didn't know until he went for a (private) health check.

Ive not had covid (as far as I'm aware) but I'm the same past 6 months I've done the nodding dog routine when sat at the desk around lunch time, it's a struggle to keep awake. Even when not at the desk I get super tired in the afternoon regardless of what I'm doing, I generally power through it, albeit I become grumpy and agitated. I've put it down to getting older..
You must have a very serious disease called "age"...

I've really been feeling it recently. If I work for a few hours, as in, proper DIY work, my body is knackered the next day.
Although I am supposed to be going kickboxing tonight, just to punish myself.

Workplace is gonna open up fully form 19th, anyone who wants to work from home needs to submit application with good reasons and will get a grilling before co agrees.

Workplace is gonna open up fully form 19th, anyone who wants to work from home needs to submit application with good reasons and will get a grilling before co agrees.
Not ours. We're going to wait at least three weeks after the 19th before bringing people back. Even then there will be a review as to whether its safe to do so, as we take safety seriously.

I can see me working from home for a few days every so often, even when we do go back, as there are jobs I can do better from home, as its quieter (eg. those involving lots of maths).

What's the point in getting everyone vaccinated if we are going to continue with lockdown rules of some description.

Those people might prove to be a major issue.

I do agree that we have to open up a bit, but there need to be rules in place. Wearing a mask is not that difficult and a rather obvious thing to retain, plus curtailing freedom for those who refused the vaccination.

Some companies maybe, but many have reviewed WFH policy already and discovered they can save money and get more productivity if more people WFH

I will try to hold out til September when the kids go back to school though.

Sponsored Links
Back