Easing of Rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SAGE reckon that if things are relaxed on the 19th, there will have to be a reintroduction of restrictions in the Autumn....

Sponsored Links
Bojo said 50k cases by end of July, Saj said 100k. Who will be right?

Somewhere in between?

SAGE reckon that if things are relaxed on the 19th, there will have to be a reintroduction of restrictions in the Autumn....

I think the same, I am particularly concerned about their making the precautions optional - a personal decision whether to and when to wear a mask. The masks are for the benefit of those around you that might become infected by you. So many are ignoring the rules now, once the rules are removed I expect chaos to ensue and particularly amongst those who have refused the vaccine.

I've just had my first drive through covid swab yesterday, ready for hospital on Thursday an op.. Renal rang this morning for a telephone appointment on renal matters and were able to tell me the test confirmed as negative, so the op can go ahead as planned on Thursday. Nothing desperately urgent, but the op. has been delayed 18 months due to the covid.

I think the same, I am particularly concerned about their making the precautions optional - a personal decision whether to and when to wear a mask. The masks are for the benefit of those around you that might become infected by you. So many are ignoring the rules now, once the rules are removed I expect chaos to ensue and particularly amongst those who have refused the vaccine.

I've just had my first drive through covid swab yesterday, ready for hospital on Thursday an op.. Renal rang this morning for a telephone appointment on renal matters and were able to tell me the test confirmed as negative, so the op can go ahead as planned on Thursday. Nothing desperately urgent, but the op. has been delayed 18 months due to the covid.

Businesses can mandate mask wearing - so it will be a patchwork of requirements - some businesses might madate but not enforce whilst others may not mandate but the public might wear them.

Let chaos ensue - chaos means we won't be thinking of the Government but the business being at fault.

Sponsored Links
Chaos has started already - In a Supermarket at 21:30 yesterday evening; young couple shopping together, no masks, when asked by shop staff to wear masks they swore at shop staff and completely ignored all the rules in place for safety. Their attitude was 'we're all right Jack, sod the rest of you'...

Think BJ has been forced down this route by the press and b****y minded people. Totally ******* stupid.

Even more stupid is the rules differ between different parts of the UK - still's that down to Tony Blair's idiocy.

Bojo said 50k cases by end of July, Saj said 100k. Who will be right?

Somewhere in between?
I thought Boris said it was 50k by the 19th and Javid was expecting 100k by the end of July. Which would be a good result really as that'd only be doubling over a fortnight despite the reopening of super spreading activities. I haven't seen any recent SAGE models so my guess that it'll be higher isn't supported by much.

The vaccination program is slowing down, we're approaching the point where everyone who wants one has had one. We either need to try for universal vaccination, including children and hesitant people, or we rely on the less effective natural immunity of the survivors to provide the moderating influence on spread in order to arrive at the expected ongoing dribble of annual deaths and winter peaks.

I'd prefer to smooth the peak more, but as Boris says, it's about dates not data.

Think BJ has been forced down this route by the press and b****y minded people. Totally ******* stupid.

A populist doesn't make the hard decisions. He wins elections doesn't mean he can Govern.

He dithered on locking down early and hard and then opened up for christmas for the inevitable tsunami afterwards.

once the rules are removed I expect chaos to ensue and particularly amongst those who have refused the vaccine.
Yep, I do think we are going to see more cases of the unvaccinated going into hospital and/or dying once masks are no longer compulsory and the responsible are no longer protecting the irresponsible from the virus. Might be a good time for the likes of Ellal to rethink their beliefs and look at the evidence again. :)

Even if hospital admissions and deaths are reduced, it's also about the increased risk of a new variant emerging, then .....

Yep, I do think we are going to see more cases of the unvaccinated going into hospital and/or dying once masks are no longer compulsory and the responsible are no longer protecting the irresponsible from the virus. Might be a good time for the likes of Ellal to rethink their beliefs and look at the evidence again. :)
Funnily enough I travelled a fair distance to attend a music event recently, and apart from the ritual mask wearing at the security gate nobody gave a f*ck inside...

And no-one knows who were jabbed or not...

So let's see in a month or so as to who is right ;)

Funnily enough I travelled a fair distance to attend a music event recently, and apart from the ritual mask wearing at the security gate nobody gave a f*ck inside...

And no-one knows who were jabbed or not...

So let's see in a month or so as to who is right

Funnily enough, I don’t believe you but yes, let’s see.

Last edited:
I thought you and your cowardly ilk needed a decade or more?
'Cowardly' applies to the sheeple who do as they are told without thinking...

If the lifting of the draconian rules shows a rise in cases of the 'virus' then thinking people think again...

But who spoke about decades?

Looking forward to your reply to that :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back