Ebay PayPal

masona said:
Well to make you feel better, I use ebay 5 weeks ago for the first time and I just bought a petrol chainsaw from them (seller: bid-up, John Bold) and paid by paypal, the seller Positive Feedback was 99.8%. The next day John Bold from Wales has done a complete runner even paypal cannot contact him. I spent £98.65 inc postage. What I don't understand is what the point of having even 100% positive feedback if they can do a runner the next day ?
Just to let you know paypal has refunded £95.84, £2.81 short as they said that's the most they could claimed back. Not sure why, maybe a small fee to cover their cost ? or is that all John Bold has left in his bank account :!:

Sponsored Links
6 months later... don't bother with PayPal, the most utterly useless load of w@nk I have ever come across, what a load of t0ssers. PayPal, go self procreate :( God am I mad. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
6 months later... don't bother with PayPal, the most utterly useless load of w@nk I have ever come across, what a load of t0ssers. PayPal, go self procreate :( God am I mad. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've not has any problem but having said that I'm only buying and not selling.
What are the problem are you having ?

I just go round and round in circles, have been unable to obtain payment for any of the goods I sold, 'cos the PayPal claim there is nothing in my account anymore, the money has vanished :eek:. But it's all academic now, I've given up, head in hands, despairs :) I feel better now, deep breaths, deep breaths.

Eddie M said:
I just go round and round in circles, have been unable to obtain payment for any of the goods I sold, 'cos the PayPal claim there is nothing in my account anymore, the money has vanished :eek:. But it's all academic now, I've given up, head in hands, despairs :) I feel better now, deep breaths, deep breaths.
I think safest when selling on ebay is by cheque and only send goods once the cheque clears.

I kind of agree Kendor - no money to be lost - maybe an argument if the cheque doesn't arrive but the buyer insists it was sent.

I have only bought from ebay using paypal and never had any problem - my son sells and buys lots (and lots and...) and I think only had problems with one buyer not having a means of payment! He has even had the account transferred to his bank without problem.

I did a little research before opening my paypal account, and saw a lot of negative vibes from mysterious disappearing funds to enforced closure of accounts without due cause. However, the concensous seemed to be positive.

Some people use paypal to transfer funds around the world without anything to do with ebay. Fred in UK pays £500 into Helga's account in Helsinki - Helga gets paypal to transfer the funds to her bank or issue her a cheque. I believe this is supposed to be a lot cheaper than the bank charges for international money transfers/orders. Also if helga has not got a bank, the cheque can be sent and cleared other ways.

phhut said:
maybe an argument if the cheque doesn't arrive but the buyer insists it was sent.
As long as cheque hasn't been cashed, then you can prove you didn't get it, another one can be sent and the buyer can put a block on the original.

phhut said:
Some people use paypal to transfer funds around the world without anything to do with ebay. Fred in UK pays £500 into Helga's account in Helsinki - Helga gets paypal to transfer the funds to her bank or issue her a cheque. I believe this is supposed to be a lot cheaper than the bank charges for international money transfers/orders. Also if helga has not got a bank, the cheque can be sent and cleared other ways.

Ah, I see - International money laundering! :D

Sponsored Links
Back