EDINBURGH--Most sensible place to like in UK

Sponsored Links
Why is Edinburgh the most sensible place to like?

I like the Lake District, The Cotswolds etc

Can I have a guess which "places" you refer to with your little list?
Let's see, woollyback with an obvious inferiority complex about scousers which always manifests itself in an obsessive hatred of Liverpool etc. etc. blah blah blah!
How am I doing, am I getting warm? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sooey, why has Richard cranium aka walter mitty got this obsession?? but tbh if Richard said it was sunday I would check my calendar first......as thin lizzy sang "don't believe a word" .....googled what he is boring everybody about and could only come up with this

The report also suggests women are more sensible than men, or at least think they are, and we get wiser as we get older.

Planning for the future by setting up a private pension is something 57 per cent of those from Edinburgh do.

And 78 per cent of them check for the cheapest utility providers at least once a year.

Aberdonians, meanwhile, were found to be thrifty when it comes to travel – booking a train ticket 17 days in advance to secure a discount.

But the survey of 2600 UK adults found only 16 per cent of Aberdonians would do some exercise as part of their daily routine.

Yet 96 per cent of people from Southampton enjoy moderate exercise for half an hour each day.

Most sensible:

1 Edinburgh

2 Aberdeen

3 London

4 Birmingham

5 Leicester

Least sensible:

1 Bristol

2 Glasgow

3 Cardiff

4 Liverpool

5 Southampton

Forgot to add my neighbour is very sensible......he is very financially secure but him and his wife do not own a vehicle,does not holiday except for walks in the dales odd days here and there,does not go to the pub/pictures/theatre/gigs or any sporting events and also wont buy a newspaper,and does not have any friends...he is very very careful with his money and hates spending it and no doubt he will go to his grave with his very financially secure situation :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....... truth is he is a boring man with a boring life..........if that is sensible you are welcome to it

Sooey, why has Richard cranium aka walter mitty got this obsession??

Your guess is as good as mine bodgeit, I suppose it's because he always used to get the elbow on nights out in Liverpool.
The gay boys round here are pretty fussy who they go home with.

"Also, a canny 18 per cent of Edinburgh natives always make sure they check the weather forecast before heading out.

Comparatively, the amount of people in Bristol who do so is just 13 per cent, while 39 per cent claim never to bother at all."

That's it then. Conclusive.

surveys are fairly pointless

you could ask the same 100 questions of 100 people and get different answers on different days from the same people

then the areas and groups you choose make difference
then theres different ways off interpriting the question and the results

you will get different answer on sunny days to rainy days

you will even get different groups at differnt times for example 9-10 and 2.30-4 school mums/dads
12-2 office workers
etc etc

"Also, a canny 18 per cent of Edinburgh natives always make sure they check the weather forecast before heading out.

Conclusive.

That jist means they look oot the tenement window, tae see if it's bucketin doon. ;) ;)

Conclusive.

That jist means they look oot the tenement window, tae see if it's bucketin doon. ;) ;)

haha-- true
BUT
At the lower end of the scale - people who are considering going out for a drive- Look out of the window to see their car is still there .

Ironic that "Mr Sensible" who started the thread didn't even have the sense to write the heading properly. :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back