Electrician hoards Picasso works for 40 years

Sponsored Links
That said, he was dodgy and he did stick the box of priceless drawings and paintings in a corner of his garage fro 40 years.

Dodgy? sounds like he's been had over by the relatives of the family.

Even if they were priceless drawings does not mean they were atheistically pleasing and not worth the wall space. Especially if we can get some wall lights there.

Sponsored Links
2 birds 1 stone:

screenshot_402.jpg

Or, in homage to a Picasso forger:

jeeves-bowler-hat-wall-light-6001368-0-1345562972000.jpg

......................................................................................................

Perhaps electricians appreciate aesthetics after all.
Unlike interior decorators, who think it's all rules, formulae and tape measures.

Not at all. You 're barking up the wrong tree completely.

There is more OCD among electricians than among decorators. Probably a good thing; you'd want an electrician to be obsessive.

That's the thing about working in a skilled trade. Everything we do HAS to be right.

You're confusing Picasso with Matisse.
Good lord.

Gratuitous demonstrations of your ignorance and lack of culture are something of a speciality of yours, aren't they.

I am not confusing Picasso with Matisse.

Nor am I confusing him with Magritte, who was actually the painter famous for surrealist works featuring bowler hats, and who was a Picasso forger.

Perhaps electricians appreciate aesthetics after all.
Unlike interior decorators, who think it's all rules, formulae and tape measures.

Not at all. You 're barking up the wrong tree completely.

There is definitely a set of rules about where and how to hang pictures on walls

I suppose we could try to create a mathematical formula to say at which proportion of the wall between the floor and the ceiling the wall light should always go.

That's exactly what I was hoping someone would do.

I have come to the conclusion that the right place to put wall lights (with shades) for maximum aesthetic effect is at a point which is between two thirds and three quarters, ideally 0.71, of the distance from floor to ceiling, that point being the centre of the light.

Nor could he find a hanging kit suitable to support them off a uni-strut rail :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back