Electrician wired bath to kill himself

I think the point was that you wrote "Dare you", which, if it was not a serious dare, was, demonstrably, a joke.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting

I asked a simple question the other night but got a lot of stupid answers ....no worries :)

securespark said:
t I have tried deliberately shocking myself with an RCD-protected circuit.

years back i was working on a CD player live, i had plugged it in to an RCD as an exrtra precaution. my friend came along and said 'let me see' picked it up with his thumb accross the power supply made a lot of noise and put it down (quite gracefully given the circumstances). the RCD didnt trip, we put this down to the shock been L-N accross his thumb rather than L-E. the shock been across his thumbs didnt matter too much as you can do without you thumb muscles working for the rest of the day, but Im sure if you did this with N in one hand and L in the other the effects on the heart may be somewhat undesired.

Sponsored Links
If you short an RCD protected circuit L-N then the RCD will not trip, as it only detects faults to earth.

Your mate may have been lucky and not been grounded sufficiently well to allow >30mA to flow through his body to earth in wich case the RCD would not operate (as a shock of <30mA is deemed survivable)

I reckon I have pretty dry skin, I've picked up something I was working on by the metal case, looked away at the computer and my thumb wandered over to a fuseholder inside... strange tingling sensation... *************** oh...*move away*

RCD never tripped, so the answer is you can feel a shock off an RCD protected circuit Ph-CPC, but maybe if you allowed enough current to flow that it tripped, it'd be too fast to feel... but on the flip side, if you allowed tons to flow (eg if you were dripping wet) it might be enough to kill you dispite the short duration

+++++++++++++++++++++
Please see Rule 8 and General information (e)

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++++

Adam, you'll have to teach me that trick of getting **** to appear uncensored.... :LOL:

Why are the mods removing posts from this particular thread? Rupert, are you suffering from another intense bout of deletus interruptus? I think we should be told! :)

It's because this forum is biased and Rupert the Mod has his favourites that can be insulting to others and not be censored yet when i try to defend myself without being insulting back they censore, just shows what a *** forum this is.

+++++
Hello, ftrooper, using another one of your names today, I see.

M R
++++++

Mod Rupert said:
Please see Rule 10
there doesnt appear to be a rule 10 (or 11) !?! (at time of writing)

+++++
sorry, I must have been thinking of 8

M R
+++++

To reflect the zeitgeist, did you know that terminal keyboards manufacturers in future are going to be replacing the "Del" key with a "Rup" key? ;)

chainsaw_masochist said:
To reflect the zeitgeist, did you know that terminal keyboards manufacturers in future are going to be replacing the "Del" key with a "Rup" key? ;)
perhaps a del key wired to 3 phase may be more apt :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back