Ethical dilemma

What if the human was Ian Huntley or some other serial killer?

I'm sure we all can agree that it would depend on what "worth" you place on the human or the none human animal in question. And you also have to take into account yourself, would you risk your life to save a stranger?

Sponsored Links
I don't have an agenda so I don't know what you're on about there.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself this question.... if a stranger faced the same dilemma and it happened to be your son that he decided to leave to burn in order to "respect the dog's right to equality" would you accept that or would the absolute ludicrousness of it slap you in the face hard enough to wake you up out of this animal rights daydream?

Trouble is Peaps, people such as yourself, place so little value on human life and so much on animals. The ALF etc were and I suppose today are, prepared to intimidate, maim and kill fellow human beings.

please tell me of these killings etc in the name of the ALF.

Let's rephrase that question you ask.

"If you were caught in a burning house, were running out the door to save your life, and only had time enough to save a dog in one room or your son in another, which would you choose?"

Perhaps a fairer question.

It would be my son, or wife or daughter etc But a stranger..? I would save my dog. Would you save your wife or your child, mother or father, son or daughter?

The "worth" or "value" we place on humans and none human animals is what we use to make the choice to save.

I don't have an agenda so I don't know what you're on about there.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself this question.... if a stranger faced the same dilemma and it happened to be your son that he decided to leave to burn in order to "respect the dog's right to equality" would you accept that or would the absolute ludicrousness of it slap you in the face hard enough to wake you up out of this animal rights daydream?

I would question his animal rights philosophy then slap his face.

Sponsored Links
I think it went a little further than that but no you spun it to fit your own agenda. People such as yourself think animal rights activists have no empathy towards humans. Animal rights activists afford animals "equal consideration" for humans and none human animals. If a person affordsequal consideration to none human animals then it would be to see who they would discriminate against and why.....

Yet in the Eighties or early Nineties, they though nothing of posting letter bombs to researchers . And even more recently, they thought nothing of digging up a deceased person and taking the corpse away, causing severe distress to a family.
So don't give me that bull s**t about animal activists affording animals and humans the same consideration. Because they simply don't.

I think it went a little further than that but no you spun it to fit your own agenda. People such as yourself think animal rights activists have no empathy towards humans. Animal rights activists afford animals "equal consideration" for humans and none human animals. If a person affordsequal consideration to none human animals then it would be to see who they would discriminate against and why.....

Yet in the Eighties or early Nineties, they though nothing of posting letter bombs to researchers . And even more recently, they thought nothing of digging up a deceased person and taking the corpse away, causing severe distress to a family.
So don't give me that bull s**t about animal activists affording animals and humans the same consideration. Because they simply don't.

Could you post links where the ALF have done any of the above? Humour me..? We don't have to go down the Newchurch route of posting links but I would like you to post a statement from the ALF admitting such a thing.

I will save the explanation of equal consideration for later, then we will be on the same page.

ALF, whatever Peaps these animal rights fanatics are all the same. What about the release of thousands of mink into the countryside, which decimated real wildlife? These groups involved in these sort of activities give no thought to their actions. They certainly don't consider another's lawful right to go about their own business, without having distress caused to them, their family or even their employees.
How would these animal activists feel if their car tyres were slashed, paint thrown on their houses, sent letter bombs through the post and their family members remains desecrated ? About the same as anyone else I would imagine.
However, in your mind I expect the ends justify the means.

I can understand your point of view peaps for what it's worth and whilist I don't think it's completely wrong to eat animals (they eat each other after all) I always believe they should be treated decently and with consideration.
I'll put forward another question in the same vein if I may-
let us suppose there is a death penalty and a man kills a child, it's a clear case with overwhelming evidence of his guilt and he is hanged.
Now at the same time a horse tramples another child killing that child, and again all the evidence is there to prove beyond a doubt that the horse did it. Do we hang the horse?

If anyone is unsure try watching a film called The Hour of The Pig . It's set in medieaval France and starts with the excecution of a donkey for murder , which indeed was the case in those times animals were treated in that respect equally to humans. The film is a black comedy and centers around a trial of a pig for the murder of a child.

Her in doors once asked me if there was a fire would I save here or the ferrets, I kept very quiet.

Why do you think phycologists always refer to a dog in this scenario? but not a goldfish, or a rat.
Both are equally valid .

I know that the screams from a burning man, woman or child would haunt me for life knowing i could have saved them. Where as the screams from a dog burning not quite the same effect. I would call up my korean friend Kim nd tell him to bring the chopsticks, dinners on me! Stupid f.u.c.k.i.n.g thread!
Wonder how long this post will stay here hey mods! :evil:

I know that the screams from a burning man, woman or child would haunt me for life knowing i could have saved them. Where as the screams from a dog burning not quite the same effect. I would call up my korean friend Kim nd tell him to bring the chopsticks, dinners on me! Stupid f.u.c.k.i.n.g thread!
Wonder how long this post will stay here hey mods! :evil:

its here because there are some very sad people on this forum

Sponsored Links
Back