EU a clarification

Sponsored Links
So any brexit is ok? You voted for anything will do, nothing specific ?

We. Voted in a democratic legal referendum ratified by parliament

As u are aware (I assume?) there was a simple question leave or stay in the EU

The democratic will of the people who actually got off there arris' to vote was to leave

As to the details that is down to the government of the day

You obviously have an issue with democracy and want to tinker with it or just ignore it . Because you do not like the result . The toys out the pram syndrome typical remoaner tbh .

So your lifestyle may go down the collective toilet ??? Tough s*** happens . There are always casualties :)

Sponsored Links
We. Voted in a democratic legal referendum ratified by parliament

As u are aware (I assume?) there was a simple question leave or stay in the EU

The democratic will of the people who actually got off there arris' to vote was to leave

As to the details that is down to the government of the day

You obviously have an issue with democracy and want to tinker with it or just ignore it . Because you do not like the result . The toys out the pram syndrome typical remoaner tbh .

So your lifestyle may go down the collective toilet ??? Tough s*** happens . There are always casualties
s

Like all brexiteers you still fail to understand the comments.

I know what the referendum was, and I know what the result was. I can live with it, I am probably better placed to survive the financial chaos that is likely to follow, than many of those that voted to leave. Tough, it does happen. When will some people learn that they have made life harder for themselves though?

Now the details. You voted out. The collective voice on here clamours for a hard, no deal, brexit. Fair enough, if that is what you voted for. But you didn't vote for it. You have no idea what you voted for. Anybody who says otherwise still does not understand the position. You wouldn't run your house on those terms, let alone your business. But you think it's ok for the country. Fairvenough, that is what you are getting.

Would you go into a restaurant, and say to the waiter, you order for me, whatever you think, doesn't matter if I don't like it, I will pay whatever the cost is ! Well, would you ?

Some how I don't think your restaurant example is quite the same .

Well if u are able to weather the Brexit Storm stop complaining and accept the democratic vote

Some how I don't think you know how serious the consequences of leaving the EU will be so u need to heed my advice from previous posts ;)

Like all brexiteers you still fail to understand the comments.

I know what the referendum was, and I know what the result was. I can live with it, I am probably better placed to survive the financial chaos that is likely to follow, than many of those that voted to leave. Tough, it does happen. When will some people learn that they have made life harder for themselves though?

Now the details. You voted out. The collective voice on here clamours for a hard, no deal, brexit. Fair enough, if that is what you voted for. But you didn't vote for it. You have no idea what you voted for. Anybody who says otherwise still does not understand the position. You wouldn't run your house on those terms, let alone your business. But you think it's ok for the country. Fairvenough, that is what you are getting.

Would you go into a restaurant, and say to the waiter, you order for me, whatever you think, doesn't matter if I don't like it, I will pay whatever the cost is ! Well, would you ?
Remoaners version,,,waiter,,,serve me the biggest load of crap you have,I will eat it AND pay for it,AND say I really enjoyed it,because I’m too dumb thick and soft to say anything.

Remoaners version,,,waiter,,,serve me the biggest load of crap you have,I will eat it AND pay for it,AND say I really enjoyed it,because I’m too dumb thick and soft to say anything.

Not the true comparison.

The example I said, was let the waiter order for you (you might like the choices), but you will pay for it regardless.

The point being you have had no say in what you think you voted for, but will be stuck with it regardless. Wouldn't it have been better to have had a choice? To actually decide what you wanted?

Not the true comparison.

The example I said, was let the waiter order for you (you might like the choices), but you will pay for it regardless.

The point being you have had no say in what you think you voted for, but will be stuck with it regardless. Wouldn't it have been better to have had a choice? To actually decide what you wanted?

TBH its probably better if we stay in than leave ad have a 2 year transition.

The EU will likely vote to do a grab of any financial services they can during that period whilst we cant do anything about it.

after all they have form for it -they refused to let the UK join the common market until until they had conveniently carved up the fishing rights.

TBH its probably better if we stay in than leave ad have a 2 year transition.

The EU will likely vote to do a grab of any financial services they can during that period whilst we cant do anything about it.

after all they have form for it -they refused to let the UK join the common market until until they had conveniently carved up the fishing rights.

I would prefer we stayed in, but that isn't the point.

Brexit has been voted for, I don't dispute the fact (very close result), but everybody is just keen to accept anything. That, surely, is not what people thought they voted for! Hence the restaurant comparison.

That, surely, is not what people thought they voted for!

Isn't that the entire point?

The referendum vote had to be couched in those terms - a pure "Leave" or "Remain"; anything else would have been pointless (as Remain would have won 100% of the vote).

I would prefer we stayed in, but that isn't the point.

Brexit has been voted for, I don't dispute the fact (very close result), but everybody is just keen to accept anything. That, surely, is not what people thought they voted for! Hence the restaurant comparison.

You do go on endlessly about 'what people thought they voted for'.

But the fact is very few, probably nobody, in terms of the general public really know what the European Union actually is. Nor do they know whether it was best to stay in or leave.

That was true for both those that voted leave or remain.

It still is true: very few people understand what the EU is or what involvement it has in UK life.

The referendum vote had to be couched in those terms - a pure "Leave" or "Remain"; anything else would have been pointless (as Remain would have won 100% of the vote).
The terms - leave, remain or whatever - were actually irrelevant. No one, not even Farage, expected the leave result.

Had they expected that, there would not have been a referendum.

Sponsored Links
Back