Euros - England vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, from your own link: "They are domestic birds, not raised to survive in the wild and, without the food and water that you are providing, he’d probably be dead already".

Of course all birds crap but a racing pigeon does most of it in its loft. For the last time, racing pigeons compared to rock doves are fed a special diet. They rarely 'eat out' away from their loft unless they get lost and yes, they do sometimes get lost. Generally speaking, a racing pigeon that gets lost or goes into another loft it is no good to its owner. Usually, if an owner contacts another owner because they have their pigeon, unless it is a particularly valuable stock bird for breeding, they are usually asked to 'nut it'. I don’t need to explain what that means!

We've had someone once fly over to the U.K. from Belgium to collect a lost pigeon from us and this was in the sixties when air travel wasn’t cheap. He took it back with him on a plane in a shoe box.

Rock and racing pigeons rarely go in trees and they certainly don’t nest in them so that link you put up will have nothing to do with racing pigeons. They are always in the pigeon loft each evening. Always. They just don’t stay out. Obviously you are going to get the odd example now and then but that’s no different to the example of say, a Frenchman that didn’t surrender to Hitler in the war. There must have been a few, surely? :rolleyes:

I can now see how you become obsessed with transams posts - you are simply unable to let anything go so I’ll let you have the final say on this if you must because I’m done with educating you about pigeons. Be told from someone with 30 plus years of experience with racing pigeons and stop Googling for rare examples. Chillax!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Racing pigeons can change hand for thousands of pounds

record for a racing pigeon was over 1 million US dollars

If I recall it was 1.5 million ??

the owner of that pigeon would not want it flying over France

Again, from your own link: "They are domestic birds, not raised to survive in the wild and, without the food and water that you are providing, he’d probably be dead already".

Of course all birds crap but a racing pigeon does most of it in its loft. For the last time, racing pigeons compared to rock doves are fed a special diet. They rarely 'eat out' away from their loft unless they get lost and yes, they do sometimes get lost. Generally speaking, a racing pigeon that gets lost or goes into another loft it is no good to its owner. Usually, if an owner contacts another owner because they have their pigeon, unless it is a particularly valuable stock bird for breeding, they are usually asked to 'nut it'. I don’t need to explain what that means!

We've had someone once fly over to the U.K. from Belgium to collect a lost pigeon from us and this was in the sixties when air travel wasn’t cheap. He took it back with him on a plane in a shoe box.

Rock and racing pigeons rarely go in trees and they certainly don’t nest in them so that link you put up will have nothing to do with racing pigeons. They are always in the pigeon loft each evening. Always. They just don’t stay out. Obviously you are going to get the odd example now and then but that’s no different to the example of say, a Frenchman that didn’t surrender to Hitler in the war. There must have been a few, surely? :rolleyes:

I can now see how you become obsessed with transams posts - you are simply unable to let anything go so I’ll let you have the final say on this if you must because I’m done with educating you about pigeons. Be told from someone with 30 plus years of experience with racing pigeons and stop Googling for rare examples. Chillax!

A few years back a customer of mine saw a pigeon lying in the gutter of his single story garage, it stayed in the same place for a couple of days before venturing beyond that but basically never ventured outside the garden. After several days he went on line and researched what food they ate, went out and bought some seed or whatever and started feeding it daily. After about 4 weeks of this, the pigeon used to tap on the kitchen window every morning to let him know he was ready for some grub.
As he sat in the garden the pigeon would at this stage come right up close to him, eventually the pigeon trusted him enough to be picked up and my friend noted the number on the ring around it's leg. Again he went online and found a register of racing pigeons, with allocated numbers linked to the owner details. He phoned the number and it was a chap in Wales, my friend said he thought he had his pigeon and asked if would like to collect it, the owner said that he'd lost it some months earlier, probably lost and disorientated during a storm, but basically it wasn't worth anything to him so he wouldn't drive down to Cornwall, the owner said if he carried on feeding it the pigeon would likely stay with him.
About 4 weeks later the pigeon disappeared, my friend was a little upset thinking maybe a cat got him, I think he just decided to go home.

Although racing pigeons do seem to have an inbuilt compass and GPS system which nobody can quite explain, recent research suggests they do follow motorways and railways, even to the point that they can follow a main road and turn left or right at a roundabout.

Sponsored Links
A few years ago on holiday in Lake Como, Mrs Mottie and I were having a snack at a Lakeside cafe and there were a few pigeons about going between the tables for crumbs. I noted that one had two rings on (one, the keepers ring, the other the race ring) so I lured it to me with bread and grabbed it when it was near enough. Other diners were shocked but when I checked, it was a UK registered pigeon so probably way off course on a long distance race, possibly Barcelona.

I’ve always liked pigeons.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/what-have-you-been-doing-today.539356/page-139#post-4704706

Blimey - a couple of 'racing pigeons' :rolleyes: competing with the local woodies for food in my garden this morning!

117A3E9A-5FDA-4576-AAC9-8B54DB7B33EE.jpeg

Of course all birds crap but a racing pigeon does most of it in its loft.
They rarely 'eat out' away from their loft unless they get lost and yes,

Rock and racing pigeons rarely go in trees
And pet snakes are pets, bred in captivity. If they escape they don't feed or crap anywhere. :ROFLMAO:
And pet rats are pets, bred in captivity. If they escape they don't feed or crap anywhere. :ROFLMAO:

If you don’t race pigeons yourself then it can come as a surprise to discover one of these birds on your property. But this is not an unusual occurrence.
Racing pigeons will sometimes stop somewhere for a rest during training or a race and that somewhere could be your home.
https://www.littlepeckers.co.uk/s/stray-racing-pigeon-reporting-what-to-do
You do come out with garbage, mottie, but this last bit of garbage just about tops the lot.

Racing pigeons have an incredible sense of direction.
When i was kid i used to take my dads pigeons on a bus to an old Norman motte about 5 miles away.
I would climb to the top of the motte and open the basket to release the pigeons.
They would fly round in circles for a couple of minutes and then just take off back in the direction i had brought them from.
By the time i got back home they were all back in their loft.
As i had taken the pigeons in a basket to the release point, how on earth did they know how to get back home.

The issue my neighbour appeared to have at times was actually getting hold of the pigeons that returned from a race so as to clock them in via there identification rings some of em would stay up on the roof of his house ???

Many of his pigeons never returned from any race that crossed french territory they were shot down :eek:

a deliberate act as they knew they were racing pigeons;)

There is some truly amazing route finding in the bird world. There was some experiments with Swallows, now Swallows are a bird renowned for long migrations (to and from South Africa) and always returning to where they were born to bred again. In this experiment they took some young from a farm in the midlands and released them in Russia, the young migrated to south africa and then the following year return to the farm they originated from. Clever stuff.

And the even more amazing, the Cuckoo, now as we all know the Cuckoo lays its egg in another birs nest and is raised by an entirely differant species of bird - when that Cuckoo fledges the nest it knows to migrate to central Africa where all the Cuckoos go to- how does it know that ? And they will use the same route and go to the same part of Africa their parents go to.

T
Many of his pigeons never returned from any race that crossed french territory they were shot down :eek:
How do you know this? :rolleyes:
Unless you were the shooter, you couldn't possibly know, so it's another example of you spouting ludicrous nonsense.
I suppose you, or some other incredibly stupid person, will claim that whoever shot them, then went to the bother of informing the owner.

What did he say?
"tes pigeons sont maintenant des canards morts" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The issue my neighbour appeared to have at times was actually getting hold of the pigeons that returned from a race so as to clock them in via there identification rings some of em would stay up on the roof of his house ???

a deliberate act as they knew they were racing pigeons;)

Due to the carnage over Calais and other coastal regions of France the racing club refused to take part in further racing from French territory

rumour had it that the french had spies / informants in the UK ? Who had infiltrated the pigeon racing club :confused:

my neighbour had his suspicions about a couple of blokes they spoke with what he said was a french accent and wore blk berets
Hugo and Pierre

Due to the carnage over Calais and other coastal regions of France the racing club refused to take part in further racing from French territory

rumour had it that the french had spies / informants in the UK ? Who had infiltrated the pigeon racing club :confused:

my neighbour had his suspicions about a couple of blokes they spoke with what he said was a french accent and wore blk berets
Hugo and Pierre
Transam has reduced his posts to lying racist comments based on pure fantasy.
It's illustrates the depth and breadth of his racism that he is forced to invent some nonsense to support his racism.

It also illustrates his deceit and deviousness that he posts some ludicrous, blatant fiction, when he still claims to be ignoring me.
It shows that he's a despicable, lying racist, which his friends accept his excuse as 'just trolling'.
He's been allowed, and protected to post his lying racist nonsense for about 12 years with impunity.

My neighbour suspected that that they were alerting there compatriots of prior races :idea: and to where the pigeons would be released :idea:

this appeared to coincide with the sale of high volumes of ammunition that would occur at local gun shops in the area :idea:

My neighbour suspected that that they were alerting there compatriots of prior races :idea: and to where the pigeons would be released :idea:

this appeared to coincide with the sale of high volumes of ammunition that would occur at local gun shops in the area :idea:
Transam is a lying racist who feeds his racism with fantasy.
He's been doing that for twelve years with the consent and protection of DIYnot.
And it looks like DIYnot are content to allow him to post his persistent racist nonsense, which he excuses as trolling.
Other gullible posters mimic and defend his ridiculous behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back