Excess Deaths...

Sponsored Links
I just googled "psychology of the internet troll" and scanned the precis of each of the first 10 or so. They all had a different slant, but "scum of humanity" covers it.

Sponsored Links
That article doesn't in any way say what Andy11 says it does. No falling, anywhere. He's lying, as usual.
I was not lying, ******. The article is not by some random blogger. Emily Oyster is some kind of big name economist in the USA and therefore an influential person. She was a vaccine, mask and lockdown zealot but now admits she was wrong but that she did it all with the best intentions.
Andy's lies know no bounds.
I have so far not put you on ignore Denso because you, until recently, didn't appear to be a liar. Wrong on many things, but not a liar. You believe in what you say and innocently passing on wrong information is not lying. BUT, I have found you out lately in one and a half lies, and so you are now living on "ignore" borrowed time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dominoes have started to fall. Recently we saw two big names declare they had doubts about covid (but didn't say so at the time) and now one Emily Oster, a former lockdown / mask / vaccine zealot has admitted that, in hindsight she was wrong (but didn't know it at the time). Now she is calling for an amnesty. Not compensation for everyone who has lost money, but an amnesty. She's sorry, move on, no harm done.

I have read the article. It says she now thinks that the risks of outdoor transmission are lower than she used to think.

A single article by some unknown foreign blogger we have never heard of does not mean that "the dominoes have started to fall."

It just means that you are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to reassure yourself.

So it does not say what you claimed.

Your claim is untrue. Are you a liar? Or are you a person who posts untrue claims on the net?

You are a barmy antivaxxer.

I was not lying, the mods should clamp down on people calling me a liar. The article is not by some random blogger. Emily Oyster is some kind of big name economist in the USA and therefore an influential person. She was a vaccine, mask and lockdown zealot but now admits she was wrong but that she did it all with the best intentions.

I have so far not put you on ignore Denso because you, until recently, didn't appear to be a liar. Wrong on many things, but not a liar. You believe in what you say and innocently passing on wrong information is not lying. BUT, I have found you out lately in one and a half lies, and so you are now living on "ignore" borrowed time.
Emily oyster is an ecomomist.

I dont think she has any qualifications or in depth knowledge of virus or medicine.

But you follow her opinions, not facts, in preference to qualified professionals ?

Ok. Thats your choice, but you see the weakness of your view ?

You are willfully misrepresenting what the blog says, it just doesn't say what you claim. There is a word for that.

"Let’s acknowledge that we made complicated choices in the face of deep uncertainty, and then try to work together to build back and move forward."

Interesting graph. It shows the rather low proportion of people who haven#t been vaccinated. When they published graphs weekly across age groups those that had been vaccinated just kept on increasing. There aren't that many that haven't had them now.

Antibody.png

The other red plot has it's interesting aspects as well.

The vaccine effectiveness report shows that like many things they aren't perfect just like they aren't with flu but that they do show definite benefit.

Emily oyster is an ecomomist.

I dont think she has any qualifications or in depth knowledge of virus or medicine.

But you follow her opinions, not facts, in preference to qualified professionals ?

Ok. Thats your choice, but you see the weakness of your view ?
Yes, Emily Lobster is an economist. Covid's main and most enduring effect has been financial - even little unscientific me foresaw the mess that we are in now. As an economist why didn't she think about the cost? Why didn't anybody, except me, think of the cost?

My view is not weakness, quite the opposite. I'd be weak if I joined the sheeple.

You are willfully misrepresenting what the blog says, it just doesn't say what you claim. There is a word for that.

"Let’s acknowledge that we made complicated choices in the face of deep uncertainty, and then try to work together to build back and move forward."
Denso you have changed the subject to me and are calling me a liar. That's an ad hominem attack and is against forum rules. I am not lying about anything Emily says; the point of my post is that she wants to write off, with the waft of a hand, what she and others advocated, and which cost Britain £500 billions and other countries similar amounts, and for which we are all paying now. She wants to move forward, but makes no mention of "reparations".

Covid is a con; so is climate change / net zero. Both use fear to extract money from us.

The people behind these massive fear projects are like cowboy roofers on Rogue Traders. The types who knock on the doors of pensioners and tell them they need a re-roof for £10,000 or there will be a disaster this coming winter.

Sponsored Links
Back