Expanded ULEZ

Sponsored Links
So the health of the nation depends on the tax raised by taxing low paid workers and citizens of London? Yet if you can afford it you can carry on regardless. If it effected the nation the best thing would be to impermeant nationwide and scrap all vehicles which come in those categories.

There is more pollution created and omitted by the Underground in Central London where the problems lay not out in places like Green St Green, Cudham, Bromley etc.

Sponsored Links
The electric Underground? Interesting?
Early days yet but yes, particles of iron, dust and brake linings.

Early days yet but yes, iron, dust and brake linings.
Yes, I get that the Tube system is far from sanitised, but more polluting than London traffic? Especially when you consider that most of the 'central London' stuff is below ground.

There is more pollution created and omitted by the Underground in Central London

It's a lofty claim.

They seem to be extremely unpopular and a huge waste of money. The problem with these bad ideas is the councils think the solution is more bad ideas.
Extremely unpopular with a section of the population. That vandalism includes traffic measures that had been in place for years to decades by the way.

It's almost as if people have gotten excited by the ULEZ and are looking for things to vandalise. Hopefully they'll be treated the same way the 2011 rioters were with significant jail time.

So the health of the nation depends
It's not just London or the UK that are piloting various schemes to lower traffic in cities etc. I used to regularly drive into Brum, but it's the train for us from now on. I turn down work anywhere near Brum.
It's easy for non-city folk like me, to look on and scoff, as it affects me little. But what would a true blue Tory Mayor do in the same circumstances?

The Victorians recognised the need for clean water, and it has saved countless lives. Sure, many thousands weren't happy about losing their land to reservoirs for clean water.
Is clean air any less important?
There isn't a magic wand, and action has to start soemwhere, somehow.

Last edited:
Extremely unpopular with a section of the population. That vandalism includes traffic measures that had been in place for years to decades by the way.

It's almost as if people have gotten excited by the ULEZ and are looking for things to vandalise. Hopefully they'll be treated the same way the 2011 rioters were with significant jail time.
The problem comes when something is done that people look upon and say - thats bonkers.

Of course if everyone banned motor vehicles from their roads then we'd be back to 1800. The road system works because all roads take their share of traffic. These blockades make drivers find another road, which is longer, takes more time and busier. Its not rocket science but then local government doesn't attract the best talent.

Local government is motivated by grant funding. LTNs have had funding withdrawn, so there will be no money to repair on replace damaged infrastructure and no many to introduce new ones. We will hopefully see this stupid experiment disappear over time.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back