Expanded ULEZ

The chip shortage ended last year. The busses have been electrified fairly heavily. Second hand prices have dropped back to a more sensible level and new car supply is plentiful.

In short: you're way out of date.
I beg to differ. We got a new car in July. We essentially picked the quickest delivery, which turned out to be a couple of weeks as the car was already built and in the country.

The next quickest would have been October.

Most dealers were still blaming component shortages for the lack of availability and long lead times. The slowest was Skoda and Vauxhall, who gave us lead times of at least 18 months!

I'm still seeing silly prices in Autotrader too.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is still significant shortages in materials which is driving repair costs up, spares up, insurance up and used values up.

Scrapping well maintained, medium age vehicles is not environmentally friendly. But it keeps car dealers happy.

Now NHS paying ULEZ charges
1693947944725.png

I read that Bath are now going to charge extra at their car parks if your vehicle do not comply to certain standards so even vehicles with engines turned off will have a surcharge. Coming to a town near you.

I read that Bath are now going to charge extra at their car parks if your vehicle do not comply to certain standards so even vehicles with engines turned off will have a surcharge. Coming to a town near you.
Been going on in Hammersmith & Fulham for years.
£6/hour to park a diesel vehicle.
Many times I left my car or van there to do a job a got a £40 ticket.
Cheaper and included in the quote.

Cambridge have scrapped their congestion charging zone over fears it will cost them election votes. They will probably bring it in after.
TFL are now using mobile vans to drive around with ANPR cameras to catch motorists due to the fact that so many of their cameras are out.

How is a van driving around with a camera helping to reduce air pollution?

Cambridge have scrapped their congestion charging zone over fears it will cost them election votes. They will probably bring it in after.
TFL are now using mobile vans to drive around with ANPR cameras to catch motorists due to the fact that so many of their cameras are out.

How is a van driving around with a camera helping to reduce air pollution?
the impacts and assessments for the use of electric powered vehicles

Sponsored Links
Back