Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmers / farming

We’re they the people who gave us

BSE by feeding sheep ect recycled sheep brains

Turning a vegetarian animal into a carnivore

Feeding pigs sewage pellets ?

Spraying the country side with posinous chemicals

Allowing a bunch of deranged fruit cakes to charge around on horse back on there land with a pack of dogs chasing a fox

Afai am concerned they can all go and do one

Sponsored Links
I suspect that if the result had been remain then the leavers would have mostly just quietly shut up about it.

I suspect you are correct, mainly because nothing would have changed.
People generally accept the status quo.

Hypothesising here but, if the referendum is rerun and Remain win, I suspect that the leavers will scream the place down.

Sponsored Links
I suspect you are correct, mainly because nothing would have changed.
People generally accept the status quo.

Hypothesising here but, if the referendum is rerun and Remain win, I suspect that the leavers will scream the place down.
We're already 'out' of the EU so if there was another referendum, I’d vote to 'remain' out. (y)

Even the Scandinavian members of the EU/EEA have no shortages despite having to import a lot of their fresh food...

Why is that?

Oh that's right, they're part of the single market!
What is this shortage of fruit and veg everyone is talking about? I was over one of my centres in West London this morning and the local NISA shop was crammed with fruit and veg. When I got off the train on my way home at Upminster, I popped into my local Mark's and again, they were crammed with fruit and veg. I bought some tomatoes, some carrots, some garlic, some mixed chillies and some loose parsnips. No restrictions on anything. In fact, the parsnips were loose and the weigh scales at the checkout was out of paper so as they were changing it, they told me to just take the parsnips as well as the lady in front of me with a bunch of bananas, no charge, so they were literally giving fruit and veg away!

4D5944B8-68BF-457D-8D70-2E93ADB04D80.jpeg

What is this shortage of fruit and veg everyone is talking about? I was over one of my centres in West London this morning and the local NISA shop was crammed with fruit and veg. When I got off the train on my way home at Upminster, I popped into my local Mark's and again, they were crammed with fruit and veg. I bought some tomatoes, some carrots, some garlic, some mixed chillies and some loose parsnips. No restrictions on anything. In fact, the parsnips were loose and the weigh scales at the checkout was out of paper so as they were changing it, they told me to just take the parsnips as well as the lady in front of me with a bunch of bananas, no charge, so they were literally giving fruit and veg away!

View attachment 296587
it doesnt prove there is not a shortage

there is a shortage and the cause is brexit

there is a shortage and the cause is brexit
Cobblers! You must be desperate. Must try harder. :ROFLMAO:

"However, importers, wholesalers and retailers have played down the idea that Brexit is a factor.
That is partly because the full impact of the Brexit changes have yet to be felt when it comes to fresh produce entering the country from the EU. Customs declarations are required, but border controls are not due to be implemented until 1 January 2024.
Also a significant proportion of the UK's fresh produce comes from Morocco, which is outside the EU".

According to past form that will be in 44 years, so 2060. If this happens most of the current whiners will have gone up a crematorium chimney so we could hopefully have an intelligent debate about the pros and cons instead of the sort of nonsense ascribed to it on this thread, as well as a few thousand other irrelevant threads across the internet that get needlessly polluted with it.

Cameron said that it would be a final decision, not a Neverendum. But sadly some didn't understand this, they thought they could just demand re-runs until they got their preferred answer, at which point of course they'd call a stop.

Cameron said that it would be a final decision, not a Neverendum. But sadly some didn't understand this, they thought they could just demand re-runs until they got their preferred answer, at which point of course they'd call a stop.
"Opening up the possibility of a second EU referendum in the event of a close ‘Remain’ result on June 23, the Ukip leader (Farage) claimed “resentment” would build up among Brexit campaigners"

"Mr Farage said, “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."

Why should those who chose to remain in the EU 'call a stop' when brexiteers said they wouldn't 'call a stop' if they lost?

They lost a referendum in 1974, and have been whingeing ever since...

And yet suddenly they claim there should never be another referendum....

If people are allowed to change governments, why not far more important things?

But of course if brexiteers were consistent in their beliefs they'd demand a general election, accept the results and never have another general election again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was in two minds about brexit, lots of pros and cons, but it was always going to be a complete mess for many years, so personally I was never going to benefit.
A lot of things annoyed me but on balance I thought they were worth putting up with, what with Britain sinking an' all.
I never really knew enough on the economy, but all the brexers I met seemed to know even less. Or were I thought, wildly optimistic about how the French snd Germans and Guy Verhofstadts would behave. We weren't anything like as important to the rest of Europe as some Brits thought we were.
Farage was just naïve about 90% of what he spouted on. You can't run anything by complaining about it.
So I voted remain.

We're now even less important, run by a bunch of w---kers and making a pig's breakfast of most things.
Why would they want us unless they could profit from the deal? And they'd enjoy wallowing in our mire at our expense.

So no, I wouldn't vote to rejoin, I'd go the other way, to make us more of a Singapore economy, though we're probably too wrecked to do that now.

The recent news items that Astra Zenica couldn't be persuaded to build here rather than in Ireland, and British Volt was abandoned and sold to foreigners, are just a couple more nails, I fear.

Cobblers! You must be desperate. Must try harder. :ROFLMAO:

"However, importers, wholesalers and retailers have played down the idea that Brexit is a factor.
That is partly because the full impact of the Brexit changes have yet to be felt when it comes to fresh produce entering the country from the EU. Customs declarations are required, but border controls are not due to be implemented until 1 January 2024.
Also a significant proportion of the UK's fresh produce comes from Morocco, which is outside the EU".

Thank you for posting me a link that proves I am correct

it says:

“Ultimately, she thinks, if there is a shortage of supply then the produce that is available is simply more likely to remain within the Single Market”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back