Farmers Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the first person to claim it did.
Brexiteers are grasping at straws...

That being the material that their houses/dreams are built of...

They'll of course huff and puff until their dying breath, but the inevitable wind change is coming...

Such a shame most of them won't be around to see sanity restored (y)

Sponsored Links
Is there anything that's gone wrong since 2016 that wasn't the fault of Brexit, at least according to the remoaners?

Weather's a bit wet today, must be Brexit's fault.

I don't remember life in the EU being entirely wonderful every day. Crap's always happened, for lots of reasons.

Interesting to see the beeb's take on this, 6 o'clock news. Shortage of fruit and veg overall is a weather problem. But low/no uk production is the farmers fault because they have not invested due to high prices. In europe where the aisles are full, the supermarkets are given the credit for paying their farmers enough to grow the produce. Shameful bias against British farmers when the story should be our supermarkets controlling competition, distorting markets and dictating prices. Brexhit has taken back control firmly in the hands of corporate greed. No lessons whatsoever learned from Ucrane for the need for food security.

Blup

Doesn't the government gather tax on those crops; and upon the land on which it's grown: and the cost of the harvester; and wages to the people in the supply chain?
A bad year does lead to increased prices and farmers in Spain are passing on the bad news for fruit and veg in the UK, and Argentina had a disastrous year for growing soy bean which will affect all kinds of products in the shops this year.
I was keeping the scenario very simple for andy.

inflation can happen without any Governmental input. They can also raise taxes and costs too

Sponsored Links
Is there anything that's gone wrong since 2016 that wasn't the fault of Brexit, at least according to the remoaners?

I don't remember life in the EU being entirely wonderful every day. Crap's always happened, for lots of reasons.
Let's put that another way.

Anything good that's happened because of brexit ?

EU citizens are mocking UK shoppers by sharing pictures of supermarket shelves filled to the brim with fresh fruit and vegetables as food shortages hit Britain.

Environment Secretary Therese Coffey told farmers "we can't control the weather in Spain" when confronted with the news that supermarkets were limiting sales of fruit and vegetables.
But many online have questioned this explanation after observing that shops elsewhere in Europe did not appear to be experiencing the same problem - and instead believe the problem is a consequence of Brexit.

1_EU.jpg

1_EU.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see the end of competition for jobs to keep wages down as a plus
I presume you fully support Nick Lynch the Union leader fighting for better pay and conditions then. (don’t bother mentioning train drivers, RMT doesn’t represent them)

Clearly you support unions that have the power to fight for decent wages for workers.

by the way the NHS has had severe shortages of staff ever since 2010, yet wages have stayed too low……so that’s your argument blown apart.

by the way, Sweden and Denmark dont have low wages,,,,but both are in the Single Market…..so that’s your argument blown apart, again.

by the way, the evidence shows wages were not suppressed by availability of EU workers…..so that’s your argument blown apart again.

”Reviewing 12 studies conducted between 2003 and 2018, MAC (2018) concluded that immigration had had little impact on average wages. Some studies (e.g. Nickell and Saleheen, 2015) had found a small negative impact on average wages while others (e.g. Dustmann et al, 2013) found positive average effects”

you said: ”Craps always happened for lots of reasons”

So you admit the problems in the UK, pre Brexit we’re not caused by EU membership.

So why have brexers spent decades blaming everything on the EU?

I presume you fully support Nick Lynch the Union leader fighting for better pay and conditions then. (don’t bother mentioning train drivers, RMT doesn’t represent them)

Clearly you support unions that have the power to fight for decent wages for workers.

by the way the NHS has had severe shortages of staff ever since 2010, yet wages have stayed too low……so that’s your argument blown apart.

by the way, Sweden and Denmark dont have low wages,,,,but both are in the Single Market…..so that’s your argument blown apart, again.

by the way, the evidence

You did catch who sponsors this crap, the blue skies happy clappy crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back