Farmers Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron said that it would be a final decision, not a Neverendum. But sadly some didn't understand this, they thought they could just demand re-runs until they got their preferred answer, at which point of course they'd call a stop

brexit is a failure and the next government will begin the process of unravelling the damage.

Even the current govt are having private cross party discussions to look at ways of reducing some of the damage.

Sponsored Links
What is this shortage of fruit and veg everyone is talking about? I was over one of my centres in West London this morning and the local NISA shop was crammed with fruit and veg. When I got off the train on my way home at Upminster, I popped into my local Mark's and again, they were crammed with fruit and veg. I bought some tomatoes, some carrots, some garlic, some mixed chillies and some loose parsnips. No restrictions on anything. In fact, the parsnips were loose and the weigh scales at the checkout was out of paper so as they were changing it, they told me to just take the parsnips as well as the lady in front of me with a bunch of bananas, no charge, so they were literally giving fruit and veg away!

View attachment 296587
Supplied by Motties Allotment Produce... :mrgreen:

Farmers / farming

We’re they the people who gave us

BSE by feeding sheep ect recycled sheep brains

Turning a vegetarian animal into a carnivore

Feeding pigs sewage pellets ?

Spraying the country side with posinous chemicals

Allowing a bunch of deranged fruit cakes to charge around on horse back on there land with a pack of dogs chasing a fox

Afai am concerned they can all go and do one
??
Not sure if you're saying you don't want any food, or you only want it from countries which invariably have less good/open standards than ours.

What is this shortage of fruit and veg everyone is talking about? I was over one of my centres in West London this morning and the local NISA shop was crammed with fruit and veg. When I got off the train on my way home at Upminster, I popped into my local Mark's and again, they were crammed with fruit and veg. I bought some tomatoes, some carrots, some garlic, some mixed chillies and some loose parsnips. No restrictions on anything. In fact, the parsnips were loose and the weigh scales at the checkout was out of paper so as they were changing it, they told me to just take the parsnips as well as the lady in front of me with a bunch of bananas, no charge, so they were literally giving fruit and veg away!

View attachment 296587
Needn't have bothered. Just got back from Sainsbury’s and while they are low on stock, there’s nothing they don’t have apart from curly leaf lettuce - I had to make do with a pack of little gems.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for posting me a link that proves I am correct

it says:

“Ultimately, she thinks, if there is a shortage of supply then the produce that is available is simply more likely to remain within the Single Market”
That's why we need to manage, food security, energy security, workforce security....

A memorable tomato production facility I visited, was in Iceland. True, they have cheap power without inflated prices, but that's our own fault.

it doesnt prove there is not a shortage

there is a shortage and the cause is brexit
You of course have to make allowances for mottie/motman given the fantasy world he lives in...

Because he still listens to the unicorns without question :LOL:

If's and buts and maybe's…

from the horses mouth:

"One senior food industry insider says Brexit made the situation worse. “Where there’s a reduction in supply due to weather, it’s a lot easier to supply those in the single market” due to the lower cost and reduced bureaucracy involved, they point out."

"Mike Parr, MD of logistics provider PML, backs up that point. He is “repeatedly hearing on the ground that producers are simply not interested in shipping fresh produce to the UK because of the unacceptable cost of transportation, coupled with the unprecedented level of paperwork and well-documented extensive delays associated with imported goods”.

UK shops 'hurt horribly by Brexit,' says former Sainsbury's boss - as shelves lie empty with fruit and veg rationed​

"The message he repeatedly hears on the ground is that producers are simply not interested in shipping fresh produce to the UK because of the unacceptable cost of transportation, coupled with the unprecedented level of paperwork and well-documented extensive delays associated with imported goods. "Excessive handling charges, combined with the lengthy delays, are crippling our business. There are cases where drivers have been left waiting up to 26 hours."

Needn't have bothered. Just got back from Sainsbury’s and while they are low on stock, there’s nothing they don’t have apart from curly leaf lettuce - I had to make do with a pack of little gems.
that's exactly the point.

That would hurt more than laying the bazzas meself
LN_638113_BP_11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back