Feed the birds

Nothing sad at all Alison,
why didn't it occur to me to go there? :eek:

Mind you, in my defence, I have been busy and only popping on here when able.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ive been doing my bit for the birds also. Bird seeds - fat balls. Got some mealworms out of Pets at Home, and any scraps that are left over & normally nothing left when i put next lot out. Also been putting out fresh water, as i need to do that everyday for my ferrets anyway... :D

Just because the weather is getting milder don't stop feeding the birds they still need all the help they can get.

Was reading today that RSPB said put out mixture of seeds all the usual ect, but also porridge oats never thought of that one. Guess what birds are getting for their breakfast tommorow lol. :idea: :idea:

Sponsored Links
Was reading today that RSPB said put out mixture of seeds all the usual ect, but also porridge oats never thought of that one. Guess what birds are getting for their breakfast tommorow lol. :idea: :idea:
I bet they would enjoy Muesli too... ;)

Birds crops are very elastic, i v'e kept chicken for donkeys, they know what they eat, what the effect does,
feed them anything left over, they will leave what doesn't suit them.

I very rarley see them drinking out of my water supplies, they know where the emergency supplies are.
They will eat snow before dehydrate, even though it may lower their body temp.

Bread is fine for birds, except in spring... it's the very young that can't cope with it particulalrly well...

Peanuts fine too... for every bird that chokes on a peanut, there must be thousands given an extra chance at survival... and if choking does occur, then H&S can sue mother nature...

as for water drinking... they scoop it up in their beaks.... seen it thousands of times on my bird bath.... not sure who picks up the bill though.. (sorry twitcher's 'in' joke)

Pigeons are (seem) greedy 'cus they're 10 times bigger than most other garden birds...

Squirrels... well i don't like [grey] squirrels...

Sponsored Links
Back