Feed the birds

Is it better to spread some loose nuts/berries on a table or put them in a hanger?

Sponsored Links
our fatballs and seed thingys always end up on the floor, pidgeons and magpies are knocking them off. got 4 pairs of magpies here.

Frickin tree rats (grey squirrels) eat all our bird feed! :evil:

They're nowt but varmint.

Sponsored Links
Frickin tree rats (grey squirrels) eat all our bird feed! :evil:

They're nowt but varmint.

my dad has the advantage that there are no more houses the back of him, the garden is failrly short ( about 5 m ) and there is a steep bank just beyond the fence line.

this makes it the perfect shooting gallery for squirrels..
quite often he sits with the patio door open and a loaded air rifle next to his seat..

7 confirmed kills this year, and 4 that limped off but were never seen again...

forgot to put out fresh water,,,will do that tomorrow....I put bread,nuts bcaon rind and half a packet of cream crackers and after a while the cream crackers had gone first? ...had a mixture of wood pigeons,starlings ,blackbirds and quite a few small fiches

I heard that if you hang your bird feeders with elastic bands it is very effective against squirels as they do not like the feeders to bounce around! :LOL:

So do the local cats who now seem to have a plentiful supply of weak underfed and watered birds.

All part of the great circle of life :LOL:

MW

whats wrong with squirrels and pigeons? :confused:

Grey squirrels are not an indigenous species and are a menace. They wreak havoc on our native squirrel and bird population.

I watched a long tailed tit build its nest, lay eggs, incubate for a day or so only for one of those 'cute' grey rats to come along and rag everything.

I soooo wish i had kept my .22 Weihrauch. :evil:

The water freezes very quickly here. I drop a bit of anti-freeze in. (Joke) :mad:

I use a mix of feed with a very small amount of fat. The fat is not good for birds in large amounts.

Scot

we have about 20 fieldfare that have taken up residence in our back garden. they are eating all the berries and rotting apples(windfalls) and seem to be happy to stick around!

as for flying rats sorry pidgeons the best thing i want to feed them is Bicarbonate of soda :evil: :evil: and then watch them explode :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back