FIAT Currency

Land is surely one of the most rewarding investments in the long run. Much can go wrong with it, but it is without doubt a tangible and useful asset, and always will be. Bill Gates has been buying a lot of it lately, which is probably bad news.

Sponsored Links
If some one want to look at gold price use this page. Click on max to extend the years covered and then say USD, GBP and Euro. It will then show % changes over time. Spot.

https://www.gold.org/goldhub/data/g...MI6fLK1tzP9wIVFWHmCh39EQoAEAAYAiAAEgIWu_D_BwE

There may be other similar around but first one that popped up. Gold - some countries can dig it up more easily than others. Without controls that means it can have odd factors concerning how rich a country really is.

Russia is currently trying to attack the trading USD. Going on one trade talk that was broadcast they will accept any currency including their domestic one. Enemies - rubles only.

The only thing I wish about Bitcoin is that I'd bought/invested a few thousand worth back in mid 2017. I seriously toyed with the idea at the time but ultimately didn't proceed. Rightly or wrongly I wouldn't invest at current rates and I take all the stuff about 'it'll reach £100k+ in the near future' with a sizeable pinch of salt.

Sponsored Links
The only thing I wish about Bitcoin is that I'd bought/invested a few thousand worth back in mid 2017. I seriously toyed with the idea at the time but ultimately didn't proceed. Rightly or wrongly I wouldn't invest at current rates and I take all the stuff about 'it'll reach £100k+ in the near future' with a sizeable pinch of salt.

AlJ did a pretty thorough run down on them. People are making money from them but it's a bit like currency and share dealing. Buy low and sell when there is an increase Profits are small but can mount up. Prices can crash as they have in the past when things go too far - a little like the dot com bubble farce. People put too much in. In that case it was improving purely due to the number of people investing and had no relationship at all to real value - supply and demand etc.

Brand new ones can be a good bet but far more risk as they may disappear or be pure fraud. Advice from a person that plays with them - only put in as much as you can afford to loose as you might loose the lot. Given all of the factors mentioned that sounds like good advice to me anyway.

It seems Facebook thought about introducing one. Tied to the USD or maybe not mentioned. Fat lot of use if tied and risky if not. The senate has been making noises about outlawing them. Worried about an oil bit coin. Trading is .a factor that helps keep the USD where it is and stable.

"A trickle lower from a peak above $68,000 in the bitcoin price has turned into a flood, in part because of cracks in the so-called stablecoins — a misnomer if ever there was one — that glue the market together. Right now the price is down to around $27,000."

ft.com

"So, who cares? Well, it is sad for the people, often young and with meagre means, who ignored all the warnings and put their life savings in to jaunty crypto coins, lured in by claims that these lines of code could become serious rivals to the dollar and the basis of a new financial utopia. It is awkward for the boosters who tried to convince institutional investors that bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, which it plainly is not."

Back