Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after some help if possible on the below situation.

I have a 1950s semi detached house and I am looking to convert the garage into livable space. It’s currently got an asbestos roof which I’ll have removed and disposed of.
I need best advice as how to have the new warm roof. It’s 6 meters long(will be 7.2 with small extension) by 4 metres at the front and 2.7 meters at the back so it’s not square. I’ll attach some photos but I need help with how to run the new roof joists and where/how to do the guttering as I will be adding a small extension on the back of it. All will make sense in the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3222.png
    IMG_3222.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3223.png
    IMG_3223.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3224.png
    IMG_3224.png
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3225.png
    IMG_3225.png
    872.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3227.png
    IMG_3227.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3228.png
    IMG_3228.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3220.png
    IMG_3220.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3219.png
    IMG_3219.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
It would appear to be a straightforward wallplate method fixed to the house wall for the full length and joists at 90 degrees to it from the 4m width diminishing to the 2.7m at the back. It would be built level and you would build in a fall from front to back with firrings to the required pitch and then guttering to the rear. Have you not got a spec from an architect for the construction details ?

Brilliant,

Thanks for your response. The firrings perpendicular to the joists? With the warm roof built on top of that.

And no not yet I Wanted to get it all squared away in my head to see what was possible etc before putting the plans in motion with architect etc.

Thanks again mate helped a lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back