Flueless gas fire making my wall go black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Corgi sign on his van you say.

He's clearly not the man you wanted :p

Have you not heard of gas safe register ;)

they took over from the dog three years almost!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Seems like dog in the van too.
But- I'd rather throw out the current Focalpoint thing- .
Ordered Burley perception 4267.

This time- I will get a guy with gas safe and all the tools to fit it- and provide a piece of paper with his name on.
all he will have to do is connect the fire to the inlet pipe and test everything is ok-according to fitting instructions.

ps- was no 'gas safe' at the time I had it fitted.

Sponsored Links
no mate

Have you, or do you always reply to people after a 4-year delay?

After just over 3 years- and 3 re-decorations- my walls have gone (as amy whitehouse says- BACK TO BLACK).

Focal point fire-- new fire- still in box- bought off ebay. I got a man with a corgi sign on his van to connect it up.

Pete

Well Amy sadly does not say anything any more!

Are you saying a Corgi fitted your fire WITHOUT any vent at all ???

Apologies why didn't you just start a new thread; seems confusing starting it up after all that time, either way it will need a vent and a full test go to a real fire place shop and buy a decent fire not b and q, they will usually have a recommended fitter, and with flueless fires you need to pay for a good one.

Read through all the threads for this and noticed something that no one considered. Some modern wall coverings and paints react to heat and sould not be used near heat. I am not praising these fires, but how many times have you seen black staining above radiators. Again how many time have you seen or heard of anyone reading the instructions on a roll of wallpaper or a tin of paint

Check the instructions to see if they require a vent behind the fire.

The ones ive had to deal with required two vents.

Check manufacturers instructions.

how many times have you seen black staining above radiators.

Not to worry, thats just sooting...

BGSMJack";p="2332036 said:
BGSMJack";p="2332036 said:
You NEVER need to fit a ventilator behind any fire! In fact you must not do so. AFAIK, you only need 2 vents in Eire.

Burley have never seen a faulty Cat. If you all bothered to read the tech details, you would understand why

OP: Have you actually bought the Perception yet? If it is for a wall mounted application, the fitting method is atrocious. They are fine inset. Make sure you return the card for the free 2nd year warranty. Don't expect the fitter to do it.

CO Alarms are NOT mandatory for a flueless, although I think they should be for ANY gas appliance.

They have the best safety record for any gas appliance. They are safer than walking down the stairs.

A friend of mine has an open flued Ascot water heater in his bathroom.

He says he can lie in his bath and see that the flames are nice and blue and so quite safe!

FiremanT";p="2332321 said:
You NEVER need to fit a ventilator behind any fire! In fact you must not do so. AFAIK, you only need 2 vents in Eire.

Burley have never seen a faulty Cat. If you all bothered to read the tech details, you would understand why

OP: Have you actually bought the Perception yet? If it is for a wall mounted application, the fitting method is atrocious. They are fine inset. Make sure you return the card for the free 2nd year warranty. Don't expect the fitter to do it.

CO Alarms are NOT mandatory for a flueless, although I think they should be for ANY gas appliance.

They have the best safety record for any gas appliance. They are safer than walking down the stairs.

Hiya,
Yes - I have paid for the fire -but it wont be delivered for a week or so.
It IS a inset fire -- on a marble hearth and surruond- and will be set into the cavity wall -which- I have closed the cavities with fireproof boards to eliminate any draughts.
The fire that has been removed was a focalpoint euphoria - and I am glad to see the back of it .
I have always had a co alarm fitted in the room and also one of those stick-on black dot things.
Have to say though- that despite the soot on the walls and ceiling- the alarm has stayed silent -which concerns me somewhat.

Thanks for your input- I appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back