FLUELSS GAS FIRE NOW FITTED

Never understood the fuss, nobody whinges about a fllueless cooker full of turkey in a closed environment chugging away all day :rolleyes:

Didn't hear of many CO incidents chrimbo Day

How many people curl up and nod off in front of their cooker!

Sponsored Links
Never understood the fuss, nobody whinges about a fllueless cooker full of turkey in a closed environment chugging away all day :rolleyes:

Strange enough .............. My Grandad did in 1967 but then again he did have his head in it as well!!

incidentaly there is 1 recorded co fatality with a electrical storage heater on record

Do you have any more information about this? I install, repair and service a lot of storage heaters, and if I can find out more information, maybe I could spot a faulty unit and take it out of service before anything bad happens.

The incident was reported in the gas installer publication a good few years ago , a fella died in his sleep due to co poisoning , incidentally if i recall correctly he was a retired gas fitter/rgi
The storage heater had been repaired or fixed a few days earlier (??) 7 during the repair a stat proved to faulty & required replacing the repair man by- passed this stat , which caused an over heat situation to occur which over heated some plastic ?? or what ever which gave off toxic fumes / co
The repair fella was charged with an offence ?? & prosecuted but was found not guity due to mitigating circumstances ???

When fitted correctly as to manufacture instructions ie vent fitted, gas rated,
inlet pressure test,safety cut out tested (ods ) also Co room test carried out i have fitted many with no problems.

:)

Sponsored Links
I really feel that it is about time the consumers who are considering fitting a flueless gas fire received accurate , well informed (not heresay) information about these appliances .

Far far too many consumers have been scared off by totally unsubstantiated comments from plumbers/gas fitters who have never ever not ever fitted a single F G fire in their lives .

I contacted 6 gas safe plumbers-- to fit mine .
4 of them did not have a F G analizer . One of the other 2 said his was in for calibration ;)
The best of the bunch though said- he does not need one he just uses smoke pellets :LOL: . There goes a gas safe engineer-- I suppose . :LOL:

If anyone is considering fitting a F Gas Fire- please speak to someone who has actually had one fitted --or contact the FG fire supplier themselves.

If anyone is considering fitting a F Gas Fire- please speak to someone who has actually had one fitted --or contact the FG fire supplier themselves.

So you think having one fitted makes a person an expert, or that you'll get impartial advice from a supplier? What a muppet. :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

I think it is important to take on board that , the penalty for any rgi who gets something wrong will be pretty severe , Prison food will be the order of the day & there are plaenty who are presently tasting it ??

Many ? most ? alot ? of installers will not touch a flueless fires , the responsibility of this job can , will . & does cause sleepless nights for many , & the finacial rewards for installing flue less fires can make it not worth the hassle

I beleive British gas will not get involved with the repair or maintenance of them

Personally I do not blame any one for not getting involved.

many co incidents are not logged or reported , unless a death occurs !!

many years ago there was an incident with a warm air heater , old fella died , natural causes may be ? , it only got investigated due to the fact that his dog was also dead , both fatalitys were from co & yes I have personally spoken to the manu fella who was involved in the investigation .

Cooking appliances , there are many old cookers that are chucking out co above the limits in kitchens up & down the country , grills are probably the worst

Agree completely High level grills are the most dangerous but all grills are bad, I have fitted Flueless gas fires but wouldnt fit another, for one the ventilation requirements out weigh the benefits and to be honest its not the CO you need to worry about as most manus have that aspect covered these days its the water vapour they produce they are virtually the same as portable gas heaters that you used to have when you were a kid the products of combustion are not healthy whether burning properly or not

]

its the necesary ventilation requiement that makes it un interesting to any one half concious of energy usage to be honest...most people are sealing their house to save money, not opening them up to indulge in something unnecesary...

Another silly remark from a 'here today' gone tomorrow ex 'skirting scortcher'.
When was last time you did some work for a living ?? (I dont mean your visit each fortnight to sign on) !!. (or are you one of the embeded signer on-er-ers-- who have a 'season Ticket ?.)
Anyway- who on earth trusts a plumber ?. Even plumbers dont trust other plumbers .

The work I do for a living is beyond your capabilities and includes fitting/repairing gas fires, so I think I have more idea what I'm talking about than you.
Apart from the fact that you are a self confessed liar and the laughing stock of the gd forum.
But as someone who claims to own houses, would you be happy to leave one of these things in a tenanted property.
Those of us who actually know about these things know what happens to air vents when the weather turns cold.

This is something I've never understood. How is it that a gas cooker can happily operate with no ventilation needs without poisoning people, but other gas appliances can kill if the fumes are not safely taken away. Can someone please explain that to me ?

gas cookers are attended by necessity by a person who is acively involved in whats going on, with gas fires its easy to sit down, feel relaxed, think how nice, and not wake up...

Trust us they are a stupid invention!

I dont know how the fans of flueless gas fires make a living, I doubt the consequences of their work could result in death..if they did may be they would take a differnet view.

This is something I've never understood. How is it that a gas cooker can happily operate with no ventilation needs without poisoning people, but other gas appliances can kill if the fumes are not safely taken away. Can someone please explain that to me ?

This is based on the fact that cookers have to be installed in a room with an openable window or door ( in the absence of purpose built vent).

It is assumed that as condensation builds up, people will open a window to allow ventilation.

plus the fact that cookers are normally used for relatively short periods of time.

This is based on the fact that cookers have to be installed in a room with an openable window or door ( in the absence of purpose built vent).

It is assumed that as condensation builds up, people will open a window to allow ventilation.

plus the fact that cookers are normally used for relatively short periods of time.

So does that imply that if a gas cooker was used in a shut room for long periods it could poison someone ? Certainly mine's never set off my carbon monoxide alarm. Or are we just talking about a condensation problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back