FLUELSS GAS FIRE NOW FITTED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been in for 1 month and is the mutts nutts.
All doubts about a F G fire- now expelled.
Vent is important-but if placed in correct place- no problem at all.

First flueless fitted a few years ago was a B & Q type 'Focal Point'. Absolutely terrible. I should have realised that when it just would not ignite when fitted.

Recently- fitted a Burley Flueless gas fire.
It really is fantastic and much better 'put together that the F Point fire. Much more substantial construction--better materials .

To say I am pleased is a understatement .

I have no affiliation with Burley at all for anyone wondering--but- if you read my previous posts on this subject--you may gain a better view.
To all the doubters and knockers about these fires --please dont knock them before you try them .
Pete

Sponsored Links
pleased to see you aren't dead yet but give it time

Hey-- keep a open mind .
One death I believe because of a incorrectly fitted F G Fire in last zillions of years .
I challenge you to let me know details of any other death due to F G Fire .
Go on -- do it please.

In the meantime- while you are searching-- just tot up the number of deaths due to FLUED GAS FIRE ACCIDENTS.
Let's compare .Please .

pleased to see you aren't dead yet but give it time

Hey-- keep a open mind .
One death I believe because of a incorrectly fitted F G Fire in last zillions of years .
I challenge you to let me know details of any other death due to F G Fire .
Go on -- do it please.

In the meantime- while you are searching-- just tot up the number of deaths due to FLUED GAS FIRE ACCIDENTS.
Let's compare .Please .
1 recorded death / incident (emphasis on the word recorded )

Sponsored Links
they do not keep records of the specific appliance that causes a death, so all this how many deaths blah blah is pointless argument.
Apparently there is no recorded incidents of unvented cylinders exploding in the UK, but Ive seen the aftermath of one in my own town.

Bla Bla Bla.
SO- where exactly do you get the supposed fatalities from due to Flueless gas fire ?
Heresay, plumbers gossip? going with the flow ?, DONT WANT TO FALL OUT WITH OTHER PLUMBERS ?.

Please tell me - so I can be informed .
Stick to ACTUAL FACTS .

I am still waiting for a answer to my original question . Please dont try and 'swerve around' the facts . Just a simple answer will do- .

There are plenty of co incidents that have never been recorded , many years ago a circular was sent to GPs due to the fact that they may have been going un noticed .
I know of one incident were the fela was constantly going to the doctors due to feeling un-well never diagnosed but eventualy it was traced to co leaking from a boiler that was geting into his bedroom
afaik there is a report on the web some were with reference to flue les fires & concerns with health risks (not co) beleive the report was comisioned by the Australian goverment ?

Incidentaly I have fited a few flue les fires MD of Burley has posted on this forum in the past

There are plenty of co incidents that have never been recorded , many years ago a circular was sent to GPs due to the fact that they may have been going un noticed .
I know of one incident were the fela was constantly going to the doctors due to feeling un-well never diagnosed but eventualy it was traced to co leaking from a boiler that was geting into his bedroom
afaik there is a report on the web some were with reference to flue les fires & concerns with health risks (not co) beleive the report was comisioned by the Australian goverment ?

Incidentaly I have fited a few flue les fires MD of Burley has posted on this forum in the past

Have you personally had complaints/concerns after fitting a Burley flueless fire ?.

Have you personally had complaints/concerns after fitting a Burley flueless fire ?.
No , have only fited burley fires , the incident that occured was not with a Burley fire , the safety tests that burley them selves cary out is quite stringent , cats disconected , various house hold sprays squirted on them in an atempt to get them to fail ect ect
incidentaly there is 1 recorded co fatality with a electrical storage heater on record & also this year a rgi was jailed due to the death of a young woman , I beleive she was the daughter of a wel known author or publisher the incident ocured due to flue coming apart on a condensing boiler BUT 48 hours prior to her death , the cleaner was admited to hospital due to feeling unwell , she was in fact suffering from co poisoning that was not diagnosed by the hospital , gave her an aspirin & told her to go home 48 hours later the same boiler in the same prop ?

incidentaly there is 1 recorded co fatality with a electrical storage heater on record

Do you have any more information about this? I install, repair and service a lot of storage heaters, and if I can find out more information, maybe I could spot a faulty unit and take it out of service before anything bad happens.

incidentaly there is 1 recorded co fatality with a electrical storage heater on record

Do you have any more information about this? I install, repair and service a lot of storage heaters, and if I can find out more information, maybe I could spot a faulty unit and take it out of service before anything bad happens.

maybe you can start selling co detectors :D

Which of those is the last response? :mrgreen:

What makes you think I have no experience of these? :mrgreen:

Seems my qualifications don't count then? :mrgreen:

Hey ho.

See you later. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back