Found a nice one today

Sponsored Links
That's awful.

The correct method is to wrap the foil around the old fuse.

It's good! And i see the typical 'dont know what on earth im doing' diyer conductors through the cord grip instead of the sheath :D

Sponsored Links
I can't believe you're all supporting these dreadful bodge ideas.

The right way is to get another plug and put its Neutral pin into yours instead of the Live one.

Disgusting,,, The outer sheath has been stripped back far too much.

refrigeration grade 1/4 inch copper tube fits a treat used it dozens of times safes going back to a job that pops its fuse on a hard start compressor

refrigeration grade 1/4 inch copper tube fits a treat used it dozens of times safes going back to a job that pops its fuse on a hard start compressor
Of course I'd like to believe you're jesting, but unfortunately my experience with refrigeration engineers is that this is exactly the sort of thing they'd do.

I can assure you I jest, but as you say it is far from unusual and it is a common fix, sadly with expensive results as far as refigeration equipment is concerned,and as I have discovered a refrigeration engineer sometimes shows astonishingly poor regard for proper connection to supply,little attention is paid to FLC or LRC when considering demand this is not helped by the astonishing ammount of equipment supplied from Europe with a plug top attached,still its no excuse for this practice
DM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back