Gas cooker point seal done right?

Sponsored Links
Nice to see someone like Alfredo who is doing the job properly!

Too many people going to "collage" and forgetting what they are taught or worse doing a bodge which one of their fellow students tells them in the canteen.

One of our trainees had been to 11 CP12s with a previous firm and NEVER even seen a tightness test being done. With us he probably went to 11 and DID 14 or 15 tests himself ( under my beady eyes ! )

Tony

Got me thinking now, I was having an inspection once and was told there was no need to do a tightness test after plugging an ID fire as long as it was ldf'ed with the gas turned on and off. Why is there a difference?

ollski said:
Got me thinking now, I was having an inspection once and was told there was no need to do a tightness test after plugging an ID fire as long as it was ldf'ed with the gas turned on and off. Why is there a difference?

Did you have to turn the gas off at the meter or was you just plugging the restrictor ?

Sponsored Links
hi,
agree about tightness tests before and after... it also helps to do this cos you can pick up any problems with the governor or the ecv at the same time

incedentally when i renewed my acs recently i was told solder cap ends no longer acceptable on any pipework for gas because they can't be purged.
have to use compression or metal taper plugs...

solder cap ends no longer acceptable on any pipework for gas because they can't be purged.
have to use compression or metal taper plugs...

That can't be correct:
- compression fittings not acceptable under floors etc.,
- and why is 'purging' a short dead leg EVER going to be necessary anyway?

Someone's winding you up!

A tightness test must be carried out under the following circumstances:

New installation.

Before & after extending or altering an installation.

Before embedding,burying, painting :eek: or wrapping pipework.

Whenever there is a suspicion of gas escape (obviously)....so next time you decorate make sure you ring a corgi engineer....

[Before & after extending or altering an installation[

so if you cap off an appliance.

I must say that I always do a tightness test when i undertaking a service cp12 anything really, you can never be too sure can you?[/b]

corgiman said:
[Before & after extending or altering an installation[

I must say that I always do a tightness test when i undertaking a service cp12 anything really, you can never be too sure can you?[/b]

Glad to hear it fella. ;)

So I qualify for the "scatman seal of approval" do I

wow thats almost as good as being awarded a "tony"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My two peneth worth...
Whisl I fully understand the posts so far, its not necessary to put a drop test on when you screw in a 1/2" plug. Soapy water (ldf) will do fine.

Corgiman wrote:

If you cap off an appliance you are therefore altering an installation..are you not?..

sorry bamber I try ineptly trying to make that very point

not ask you sorry

:LOL:

POST DELETED BECAUSE IT`S 3.26.AM....why is this forums clock gone ti*ts up..it`s me isn`t it?....

[
quote="garethgas"]My two peneth worth...
Whisl I fully understand the posts so far, its not necessary to put a drop test on when you screw in a 1/2" plug. Soapy water (ldf) will do fine.

You SIR,......are a To**sser..& give Engineers a bad name..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back