Gas cooker point seal done right?

i would do a tightness test but im sure the regs say if only 1 joint broke then ldf would be fine to make sure it is not leaking. Like someone else said just like servicing a boiler by spraying the union. I think a tighness test is the best end but it is not a must by the regs.

Sponsored Links
NO...NO..NO..NO..NO...you sound like a service engineer....if you enter a property your first duty before tackling a problem regarding gas appliances is to establish that there is no leak before you start..you cannot ..as service engineers do...remove the appliance & spray whatever union/joint is remaining..there may not be a leak..LDF is crap anyway...Tightness test before & after.....you know it makes sense..if you are cutting corners..shame on..you

Bamber gaspipe said:
if you enter a property your first duty before tackling a problem regarding gas appliances is to establish that there is no leak before you start

Who told you that?, there is no such duty on you at all.

There is if you are fitting a gas appliance...fire, cooker, warm air unit, multipoint..boiler...water heater..

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
if you enter a property your first duty before tackling a problem regarding gas appliances is to establish that there is no leak before you start

Who told you that?, there is no such duty on you at all.

Obviously trying to provoke a verbal confrontation..only time he posts..bless`im..

Ok then..

You service a fire that has no means of isolation so you have to turn off the gas at the meter before you can disconnect the fire.

Who does a tightness test?

I do (before and after.)

If the fire has an isolation valve to turn off the gas then i would turn off the gas at the isolation valve, disconnect the fire, complete work, reconnect, open isolation valve and test all joints with LDF.

Thats my understanding of it.

tightness test before and after any work large or small is carried out.
subject author is doing the correct thing.ie having a un used bayonet removed.as we all know cooker bayonets are only for temporary disconnection of a cooker not permanent.

scatmanjohn said:
Ok then..

You service a fire that has no means of isolation so you have to turn off the gas at the meter before you can disconnect the fire.

I do (before and after.)

If the fire has an isolation valve to turn off the gas then i would turn off the gas at the isolation valve, disconnect the fire, complete work, reconnect, open isolation valve and test all joints with LDF.

Fine...if she /he has a gas leak on cooker or wall heater..who is it down to...errrrrr.....YOU...Last man standing Sunbeam...

Isn't not being able to isolate the appliance(No restrictor elbow on gas fire) against the regs anyway :confused:
Lee

No..not to current standards...should be rectified if seen..

lcgs said:
Isn't not being able to isolate the appliance(No restrictor elbow on gas fire) against the regs anyway :confused:
Lee

where practicable

if not see bamber cleverpants ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
scatmanjohn said:
Ok then..

I do (before and after.)

Fine...if she /he has a gas leak on cooker or wall heater..who is it down to...errrrrr.....YOU...Last man standing Sunbeam...

So with that logic are you suggesting that whenever you walk into a house you do a tightness test?

PS....whats with the aggression. calm down fella.

Bamber do you have PMT tonight or summink

At the end of the day its a judgement call for every RGI, if the system looks like a group of monkeys installed it then you would be well advised to check everything.

Up to the individual on a job by job basis

cover your rear at all times :LOL: :LOL: over here we have to fit isolation valves on cookers so ldf is acceptable,but a soundness [sorry tightness] test is wise before and after, personal judgement i think

bripl said:
soundness [sorry tightness] test is wise before and after, personal judgement i think

sheesh showing your age, you'll be calling it a drop test next

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back