GAS PHOTO,S FROM HELL

B

B.O.B DOLE

Boiler was in the cupboard i think i will send to corgi and get a free prize..

nice condensate pipe

not bad for my first fit anyone want a boiler fitting..........

Sponsored Links
gasmarkone said:
Where was this then, dole office? :LOL:

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.
:LOL: :LOL: That`s what you call a rough penetration(of the wall) that`s what BOB keyed into Google ;)Gas photos from hell :?: I expected a pic of Satan lighting a fart :confused:

Sponsored Links
ok lets lets play a little game here there are a few things wrong with this installation lets see if yea can get them and yes that is the rising gas mains at the side of the flue so spot the problem.

click on the picture to enlarge

Sadly thats nothing unusual.

Puts into perspective the "rules are made to be broken" saying doesnt it :LOL:

Ok

1, Flue extened
2, Too near window
3, Too near gas/waster pipe (too hard to tell what pipe it is.
4, Id say the saftey dscarge leaves something to be desire too
5, not an ideal location for a condensing boiler

if were looking at the whole picture

6 gas to close to flue above
7, gas too close to flue below
8, lower flue to close to stack.

The flue looks strange to me, so close to the window i just can't picture how the boiler is fitted.

ollski said:
The flue looks strange to me, so close to the window i just can't picture how the boiler is fitted.

the boiler is fitted on the internal wall if you looked directely at the boiler the flue goes off sideways

won't the condensate rot the cast iron and kill all the local river fauna :?:

whats the red duct thing above the new flue, air vent for the gas room heater in the flat above. :?:

nice too see competent person / Self certification schemes working so well. :rolleyes:

Now of course you can't cock up your own electrics, you have to pay an x-con to do if for you :evil:

Harrowgategas said:
1, Flue extened
Is there actually anything wrong with having the flue terminal sticking out further from the wall than the minimum? It's often a way of getting better clearance from nearby obstructions, and I can't see how it could have any adverse consequences.

Brumylad, good point about the condensate running into cast iron waste and stack. My understanding is that this is a no-no. Also looks as if external condensate pipe is not insulated (or increased to 32mm) and so vulnerable to freezing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back