Gas Safe

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
If you think someone being registered with gassafe makes them safe then think again. Ask yourself why are so many struck off each year and why where they ever accepted in the first place.
Feking scary who is out there working with a little badge and card making the customer think they are safe.
Have seen many many un registered guys who do a far safer and better job than registered guys.

Sponsored Links
woody, you think that litter dropping is as serious as illegal gas work that can and has killed people.

Your comments clearly demonstrate why most plumbers generally lack the intelligence and application to diligently do anything in a safe and responsible manner.

I bet there are thouands and thousands more injuries caused by litter being dropped than by illegal gas work,
Wet paving slabs crisp packets , thrown away burgers ,fruit etc every day in town centres up and down the country people falling over breaking arms ,legs , hips and skulls and worse.
Not saying illegal gaswork is right but dont dismiss litter as irrelevant

The point I was making was that there is a penchant for reporting "things", but many people are very selective in what they report - and even more selective in their reasons for reporting things in the first place.

Unlawful is unlawful.

If someone thinks it right to ignore someone doing something seemingly trivial like littering (but which affects many people) but jump at the chance to report someone doing gas work - say because he is doing it cheaper than you and is unregistered (an example but you get he gist), then that does not reflect well on the the individual does it?

If you know or see bad or dangerous gas work, get yourself over there and stop it or inform the homeowner/building owner straight away. Don't just google "gas safe" and send and email or post on a forum

Sponsored Links
Yes, my last house was blown apart and all my family are dead apparently it was caused by an excess of litter, ffs, do you blokes ever read what you type.

Read my post. Put ****** in the place of "litter" if it helps you understand :rolleyes:

Unlawful is unlawful.

parking on a double yellow is unlawfull
leaving your bin out is unlawfull
forgetting to sorn a vehicle is unlawfull
putting dogsh1t in an envelope and posting it, is ulawfull
sounding your horn after 23.00hrs is unlawfull

get the picture you silly pedant :rolleyes:

Unlawful is unlawful.

parking on a double yellow is unlawfull
leaving your bin out is unlawfull
forgetting to sorn a vehicle is unlawfull
putting dogsh1t in an envelope and posting it, is ulawfull
sounding your horn after 23.00hrs is unlawfull

get the picture you silly pedant :rolleyes:

I guess you don't know the difference between unlawfull and illegal do you? :confused:

Yes, my last house was blown apart and all my family are dead apparently it was caused by an excess of litter, ffs, do you blokes ever read what you type.

Perspective is a word you neither understand nor contemplate.

Woody has quite clearly identified you as a self important plumber who takes the dangers of his trade far to seriously in that working with gas (shock horror) instantly makes you deeply reverent and that other trades should bow and instantly be recognised as less dangerous.

What gas engineers need to do is CLIMB OFF THE PEDASTAL, ALL TRADES ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!

Holmslaw ,
Simple question. can you put a link to a house being blown up by an unregistered gas fitter doing work in someone elses house.

And no CORGI or otherwise registered people (of any competency scheme) have done bad work and been prosecuted or removed from the register?

Don't post selective links just to demonstrate a single point of view

Your assertion that safe/quality work only comes as a result of registration to a scheme is totally wrong

Read the thread again. A registered person can leave the scheme or leave the company providing the membership and the very next day do a job to the same levels of competency and safety

So on an instance such as this (ie a safe quality job) why would you want to stick your nose in?

Sponsored Links
Back