Gay

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date of a Saturday night. .... Allegedly. :D

Sponsored Links
'Buy-sexuality' guarantees it!

joe

Sponsored Links
"Gay Search"

BBC2 used to have her doing a gardening show awhile ago on a friday night ,
an the amount of double entendres on it would of made Sid James blush , very funny :)

ninebob said:
His usage of the term as an insult is (in my opinion) only due to other children and their parents, who might use "gay" as a derogatory term.

This is what I want to get away from. Whether a person is gay, straight, disabled, fat thin etc...does not make them any less of a human than the next guy.

my children, the oldest just turned nine, know what homosexuality means.
I dont think they know what sex is yet (intercourse) as we havent had any times where references have been made to it. (you know how kids usuually like let you know they have found something out that may be seen as rude etc)

I have to admit that I condition my children to the fact that my expectation is that they will be straight. This is not done with any motive either, it is simply habit because I am heterosexual.

I say comments like for instance... 'one day you might have a house of your own and you can come and visit with your wife and your own children.'

so, without always realising, I am always sending out messages that I expect them to grow up and get married and have a family.

It is quite refreshing though that at the moment, they seem to find the thought of any one kissing another in a 'romantic' way (man/man or man/woman or woman/woman) as something to wrinkle up their nose and cringe at.
They dont differentiate between straight and gay kisses, it is all just yukky to them at the moment.
They havent grasped the idea of fancying someone or romance!!

It is funny though how they will sometimes comment about tv programmes and ask if the character is gay or point out to us that the character is gay.
No big fuss is made by them or us but I guess the very fact that they point out the 'difference' means that already they are starting to seperate groups of people.

They have asked before if one of my friends is gay as she has a female flatmate.
Once when a female pal was leaving for hols they hugged and kissed me and said, love you.
The kids asked if I was a little bit lesbian and could you both and what were you if liked both and who decided who you would like.

I said I wasnt at all lesbian but that sometimes people like both.

It was difficult and so I just said that at some point in their lives they would start to want a friend that was special and different to their regular friends.
I said that when that happened they would just know who they liked, boys girls or both.
They coughed gasped, laughed and then pretended to be sick and said they were never kiss anyone like that!!!!

I also said, it didnt matter to mammy or daddy who ever they liked.

I think that attitudes are changing for the good.
This has made me think how you dont even have to use nasty words to make the concept of being gay seem somehow second best.

I am certainly going to try to be more aware of how I habitually condition my boys now. I know that it will make no difference to their sexual orientation but it will make a difference to how they feel about themselves.
I think I will always say things that make the assumption that they will be straight. I just must make sure that there is always that knowledge that it really and truly doesnt matter either way.

Much more importantly though... I want them to be happy and to feel secure in the knowledge that who ever they bring home man or woman, they will be made to feel welcome and never ever anything other than one hundred special.

As a mother it would break my heart if I thought that my sons ever went through anguish simply over their sexuality and how I would feel about them for it.

toffee said:
Much more importantly though... I want them to be happy and to feel secure in the knowledge that who ever they bring home man or woman, they will be made to feel welcome and never ever anything other than one hundred special.

As a mother it would break my heart if I thought that my sons ever went through anguish simply over their sexuality and how I would feel about them for it.

Well written. I agree 100% with what you say.

I am certainly going to try to be more aware of how I habitually condition my boys now.

So am I (with my boys, that is, not yours) now that you have caused me to think about it. :)

ha ha!!! well there are three of them and like bulls in a china shop with most things, so Secure... look out!!!! ha ha

you know when they say.... "oh he's come out the closet now"....you mean we didn't allready know...They flogged Liber-arseeys piano for £30.000..But they couldn't GIVEis stool away. :LOL:

Adam_151 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ins't there indeed a stigma?,
If there is, I wonder why that might be?

its not 'normal' and most of us find the very thought of it disturbing, I'm all for civil liberties as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, but they should accept that they are abnormal and not expect society to consider it as normal.
Could it, perhaps, be because of people like you?

(BTW - I don't know what kind of backward and bigoted community you live in, but in the real world "most of us" do not find the very thought of homosexuality disturbing.)

securespark said:
...This is what I want to get away from. Whether a person is gay, straight, disabled, fat thin etc...does not make them any less of a human than the next guy.
It's not a question of humanity, if it were that same argument could be used by rapists (front or back) and paedophiles. You can just imagine the scene in 5 years time if PC continues. Gary Glitter's plea to the nation..."just because I'm a convicted paedophile doesn't make me a bad person."... er, yes it does Gary.
The fact is that it is normal to be heterosexual, and abnormal (or queer) to be homosexual. Being straight or queer should not be seen, or encouraged to be seen, as a lifestyle choice.

Each of us in the UK has the freedom to be what they want, it doesn't mean I have to like them, or keep quiet about not liking them. In the mostpart I am silent about my views because I don't want to spend the time arguing with those who want to brow beat me into accepting their way, and I probably share that view with the majority of the population.Tthat's just the way I am, and I see no reason to change it to make the PC brigade feel better.

Perhaps when GG gets out of Thailand he'll retrain as a teacher....? Discuss.

PS it seems the naughty word filter has been active. For **** substitute a word beginning with "qu" and rhymes with beer. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back