Gay

Although I have no problems with homosexuals, I most certainly wouldnt want my children to be one. Should they announce that they are - then I will support them fully. But up to that point - I would most certainly put upon the importance of the traditional family. Whatever happens after that is will happen.

I wouldnt worry about insults either. As kids, my cousin only insult was calling everyone who crossed him a bender. Perhaps it was a calling, because it now turns out he is homosexual.

Sponsored Links
have you guys actually read what you just typed?? Substitute the word 'homosexual' with the word 'moron'......it makes about that much sense. :rolleyes:

Some folks just won't accept anyone who has a different lifestyle or belief system than their own or what they term as 'normal' :!:

markdoncaster said:
b****y hell...all this about sexuality.

Some of the things people wrote got my back up. Especially the "I find male homosexuality abhorrent, but bring on the lesbians" POV.

Sponsored Links
I think everyone who posted on this subject should read NOODLZ's calm and reasoned dissertation attentively.

IMHO it is the mincing exhibitionists who get all homosexuals a bad name. They are probably just as much of an embarrassment to the many homosexuals who conduct their relationships in a dignified and discreet manner as to the 'straight' community.

Bel

IMHO it is the mincing exhibitionists who get all homosexuals a bad name. They are probably just as much of an embarrassment to the many homosexuals who conduct their relationships in a dignified and discreet manner as to the 'straight' community.

big style totally agree

nowt against them but i don't want it shoving in my face (ohh err missus)

We can only have true equality and diversity in society when we stop thinking about equality and diversity i.e. Where nobody gives a damn whether we've black, white, green, male, female, gay, straight, able-bodied, disabled, religous, atheist etc etc. and doesn't treat us differently because of it.

Trouble is, at the moment we have a Government which encourages segregation by spotlighting our differences and providing different rights for different groups ... This can only make the situation worse.

How many police forces, fire services, local councils et al, actually have recruitment targets to ensure specific numbers of minority groups irrespective of whether they are the most suitable candidate for the post?

And if anyone dares to raise this as an issue from the services perspective then they are labelled racist or sexist or homophobic ... They don't seem to appreciate that this actually makes public perception toward minority groups worse not better.

A 4 foot tall, 6 stone, one legged young lady may well meet all the criteria this Government expects of a modern firefighter but I personally would sooner be rescued from my blazing house and carried down the ladder over the shoulder of a 6 foot tall, 18 stone, able-bodied guy ... If I needed the kiss of life though, that's another matter :LOL:

securespark said:
How do you feel it is "shoved" in your face?

I have to add here, its not just gay people who are "extremely camp", for example, Russel Brand, I would describe as very camp. I dont know why any woman would sleep with him, yet he brags about how many women he's bedded. He shoves himself in your face. And the clothes / makeup / hair dont help either, IMO.

"Mincing" I dont mind, as long as they are quiet about it, for example (and i know its not real) Shaun in Coronation Street. He's camp, but not too loud.

But there are plenty of camp gay loud people too, which I think is what Belrose was refering to.

Well personally mincing screaming queens do my had in...they can be funny, but as a partner...no thanks...although i have to agree that the more the government and the media focus on minority groups, the more they are scrutinised by the guy on the street. It may be that with more exposure to the minority groups the public are more accustomed to a changing world on a sub-concious and sublime manner....which is far better than having it rammed down your throat...if you excuse the pun!...

God help the gay, one legged muslim guy.....lmao.

Although there is one thing that does get on my t*ts though, its when we are called homosexuals...lol..
Call us gay, queer, puffs, benders...lol...most of us dont care about it...but please, homosexual is so clinical...how many times do you hear people refering to straights/breeders as heterosexual??...lol..

What would be wonderful is when the sexuality/colour/religion/sex of a person isn't raised at all, and we are all accepted for the person we are, not what we are.

Personally i'd rather be gay than some scum bag smack head mugging the elderly.

markdoncaster said:
Although there is one thing that does get on my t*ts though, its when we are called homosexuals...lol..
Call us gay, ****, puffs, benders...lol...most of us dont care about it...but please, homosexual is so clinical...how many times do you hear people refering to straights/breeders as heterosexual??...lol..

Breeders :LOL: :LOL:

My best mate is a gay and is quite happy to be called every name going. The difference comes when it is said with mallice.

What would be wonderful is when the sexuality/colour/religion/sex of a person isn't raised at all, and we are all accepted for the person we are, not what we are.

Nice thought, but unfotunatly I cant se that occouring in our lifetimes.
Remember Martin Luthor King's "I have a dream" speech?

Personally i'd rather be gay than some scum bag smack head mugging the elderly.

Shame there isn't a round of applause emoticon ;)

Sponsored Links
Back