GB News

By the mob, i mean the people that tore down the statue. Everyone else was acting lawfully. I wasn't aware who had cast the plaque, only that the elected mayor objected and prevented it being placed which is democracy, not cancel culture, in action.
The Mayor objected to the obvious intention of the cancel culture exhibited by the Tory councillors and the Merchant Venturers.
White-washing history is cancel culture.
Cancel culture is not about illegal activities, it's about denying the voice of a group. That can be done by lawful means if you control the legislative processes.
It's not democracy in action, it's control of the narrative by a small but powerful minority.

Sponsored Links
If one scratches below the surface of this Society of Merchant Venturers charitable works, what emerges is a colonial history of mercantile exploitation of one’s fellow beings for personal gain, self interest, self preservation and patronage.

The Merchant Venturers should be disbanded as it is inappropriate for an unelected, undemocratic body to be so heavily involved in Bristol’s public serving institutions.

After nearly 100 years of campaigning in Bristol, Edward Colston’s statue was finally removed by the city’s younger generation during the Black Lives Matter uprising on Sunday 7th June 2020.​

Sponsored Links
Do you think Black Lives don't Matter?
So why do you try to discredit the Black Lives Matter as much, message?
Of course I think Black Lives Matter but do you think the BLM mobs care about other peoples businesses and property when they 'protest'?

Of course I think Black Lives Matter but do you think the BLM mobs care about other peoples businesses and property when they 'protest'?
Do you think there could be some people in the 'protest' who might take advantage?
Or even some planted to discredit the protests?

All that glisters is not gold. Prince of Morocco, Shakespeare.

Do you think there could be some people in the 'protest' who might take advantage?
Or even some planted to discredit the protests?
No. More likely that 'some' believe the hype - the majority are lurking around the nearest trainer store, bricks in hand, mumbling Black Nikes Matter waiting for it to all kick off.

No. More likely that 'some' believe the hype - the majority are lurking around the nearest trainer store, bricks in hand, mumbling Black Nikes Matter waiting for it to all kick off.
Did you read that in a BBC article as well?
But you omit the bits that you don't like to include, because it illustrates your viewpoint is totally biased?

Nah, some of my black students told me.
Your answers are clearly imagined and fake. You've recently admitted that you will happily report the parts of an article that you want, and ignore the parts that show your opinion to be false.

slave.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back