GB News

Dunno if I had any ancestors involved in this slave trade caper ?

if they were ? They must have been at the lower end of the scale ? Because there was no passed down family wealth :(

and if there had been and some one said to me about giving it back etc etc

they would get told to go and do one :cool:

Sponsored Links
Loop hole needs closing in the law

other wise it’s a licence for

fruit cakes

dead beats and no hopers

to run riot destroying property as they see fit

What loophole? Whatever the charge, if the accused face a sympathetic jury they will very likely be found not guilty. :(

Loop hole needs closing in the law

other wise it’s a licence for

fruit cakes

dead beats and no hopers

to run riot destroying property as they see fit
Loophole?

The abomination (statue) needed bringing down. Some good Bristolian folk mucked in and did the deed. Should they not have at least been paid?

Sponsored Links
By leaving them in place and describing their involvement in the nefarious actions, not just those that benefitted the citizens of Bristol.
Having thought about this for a while, placing a plaque letting people know about those nefarious actions is pointless...

Because most people just walk by but still see the evil slave trader anyway...

If people want such statues kept, would it not be better to erect another statue right next to them. Only make it taller...

Something like this?

blm.jpg

Having thought about this for a while, placing a plaque letting people know about those nefarious actions is pointless...

Because most people just walk by but still see the evil slave trader anyway...

If people want such statues kept, would it not be better to erect another statue right next to them. Only make it taller...

Something like this?

View attachment 256676
Correcting the false narrative of history is never pointless. Granted one additional plaque would not achieve that, but it would be a start.
And it might prevent future andy11's from believing the fictional stories of contented slaves and kind slavers that frequent early books about slaves, written by racist white authors.

I wonder how that would be accepted if the statue included some white people in chains at the bottom of the statue? I bet that would stir some emotions.
Or how about the base of the statue being littered with broken chains?

Last edited:
Dunno if I had any ancestors involved in this slave trade caper ?
I understand some of your relatives were involved with panzers, concentration camps, Nazi propaganda and medical experiments on prisoners.
Fortunately that history has not been hidden.

As I understand it, you were quite proud of their exploits.

Sponsored Links
Back