GB News

I watched a bit again last night. Made it to an advert break, and that was the highlight. The adverts remind me of trips to the local flea pit cinema in the 90s before Odeon came back. Weird ads for services you'd never even think about using. The only one I remember is gold buyer. The other was probably a carpet sell, they always had a carpet seller.

Sponsored Links
I watched a bit again last night. Made it to an advert break, and that was the highlight. The adverts remind me of trips to the local flea pit cinema in the 90s before Odeon came back. Weird ads for services you'd never even think about using. The only one I remember is gold buyer. The other was probably a carpet sell, they always had a carpet seller.
I think when it first launched they had some big name advertisers, however many/most of them quickly deserted it once the channels direction of travel became more obvious. In short they don't want to be associated with it.

I was watching a few weeks back with a main presenter and a guest. The presenter said 'Join us after the break for ...' and the guest said 'With the quality of those ads, will we even be back?!?'

:)

BBC "pretty factual" , how many times has the BBC been ordered to pay damages to people they have told lies about.

Let's not get small things like that and ignoring what Jimmy Savile get in the way of facts

Sponsored Links
They don't lie outright - they would get into immediate and inescapable trouble if they did - but they mislead by only reporting certain news, or omit vital details from the news that they do report, e.g. "a man died when a bomb that was in his rucksack exploded outside a football stadium".
It can be argued a professional news channel would/should take this sort of stance until all the facts are known. Taking your example, I assume what you'd want reported straight off the bat is 'A person who is probably brown, probably a terrorist and probably wasn't born here has tried to blow up a football stadium and kill white people.'

Channel 4
BBC
Sky UK news

all pretty factual

but they upset Tory supporter who can’t handle the Tory lies being challenged
Have you actually watched GB news?They have a range of presenters with a range if different views.

Calling it right wing propaganda is just lazy.

The quality if the guests vary, but they're getting some significant names on now and not all of them are right wing. They even had Ken Livingstone on the other day and he was given a fair hearing and not talked over or shot down Piers Morgan style.

Last edited:
Any news that dies not fit in with some ones agenda is fake news according to them

Same people from what I can make out whinge about the daily wail for printing porkies ??

Untill said paper prints an article that fits in with there narrative
They than post it up as factual :ROFLMAO:

I found myself watching GB News last night (doubled their viewing stats) and everything is starting to make sense.
So much of what was said I see regurgitated on this forum from the climate, covid, etc deniers, constant attacks on "MSM" with suggestions newspapers and the BBC are lying to the people constantly. It is all really rather sad to see.

As usual, all the discussions were also completely pointless. And this is what really annoys me. At least have a discussion with a purpose other than to pretend to be doing something. But its all "the government is wrong, the MSM are the problem, scientists are lying to us" but never is there any proposal for how things should be done differently, how denying climate change will improve our lives, how ignoring medical and military threats can lead to a stronger nation. Just constant moaning and whinging without any substance or purpose.

But people lap it up. Why? Because it is easy to digest. Complaining without understanding the problem is now the favourite pastime of many people. Why learn what the problems are, when you can just copy the bloke on the TV. Tik Tok was even mentioned once, I almost spat my beer out.
What channel were you watching???
Any time I mistakenly land on any news programme whilst channel surfing, I hear God Covid will take us all, WW3 is imminent, Greta Thunberg is the new prophet, the Apocalypse is near, sea level has risen by 15 metres in 2 years and anything else which is total boll@x.
When I'm in a bad mood I deliberately watch these news programmes to have a good laugh.
Those comedians (aka journalists) are better than the ones at the Apollo.

Have you actually watched GB news? They have a range of presenters with a range if different views.

Calling it right wing propaganda is just lazy.

The quality if the guests vary, but they're getting some significant names on now and not all of them are right wing. They even had Ken Livingstone on the other day and he was given a fair hearing and not talked over or shot down Piers Morgan style.
Not really. They have a range of presenters all pretty much with the same core views. What they do have, in their defence, is a range of guests that hold different views, however it can be argued the likes of BBC do this on many of their news related shows i.e. have guests on with differing views.

What channel were you watching???
Any time I mistakenly land on any news programme whilst channel surfing, I hear God Covid will take us all, WW3 is imminent, Greta Thunberg is the new prophet, the Apocalypse is near, sea level has risen by 15 metres in 2 years and anything else which is total boll@x.
When I'm in a bad mood I deliberately watch these news programmes to have a good laugh.
Those comedians (aka journalists) are better than the ones at the Apollo.
The comedians at the Apollo are totally faked. No way are they on the moon.
Neil Armstrong must be spinning in his grave.

Sponsored Links
Back