Get a room you two...

Moderator's note

Insults and bad language are not welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Would you like to see discrimination against disabled people being called "disability racism"?

Not too far removed from cultural racism but both absolutely nothing to do with race.
A long way removed.
That would be nonsensical because it would be discrimination, not racism. We've discussed the differences before and you're again conflating and confusing the two.
It would be discrimination because of their disability, nothing to do with race, so it could not be classed as racism. It would still be classed as discrimination.
Don't be silly - racism is discrimination because of their race.

Exactly why it's sensible to define the type of racism, whether it's biological, i.e. based on race/ethnicity, or based on culture, which is nothing to do with race.
I can't believe you wrote that.

So, you maintain that it is possible to have racism which is based on culture which is nothing to do with race.

Only you are having difficulty with accepting the concepts.
Blightymam (and myself in the past) has frequently said that your posts often apply to yourself; this is a classic.

Does that mean it cannot exist because you cannot understand the concept?
No. It only exists because you and others do not understand the concept.

You remind me of Trump.
He says something totally outrageous.
The media report it.
The next day, when questioned about it, he uses the fact that he read it in the media to verify that it is true.

Would you like to see discrimination against disabled people being called "disability racism"?

Not too far removed from cultural racism but both absolutely nothing to do with race.
A long way removed.
That would be nonsensical because it would be discrimination, not racism. We've discussed the differences before and you're again conflating and confusing the two.
It would be discrimination because of their disability, nothing to do with race, so it could not be classed as racism. It would still be classed as discrimination.
Don't be silly - racism is discrimination because of their race.
You're worse than blightymam for your circular reiterative arguments. We've done this at least once.
Discrimination is an action, fueled possibly by racism, which is a belief.
discrimination = the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
racism = a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly why it's sensible to define the type of racism, whether it's biological, i.e. based on race/ethnicity, or based on culture, which is nothing to do with race.
I can't believe you wrote that.

So, you maintain that it is possible to have racism which is based on culture which is nothing to do with race.
I maintain that's it's not only possible, but that it really happens, that racism can be present without it being based on biological racism.
How else would you explain prejudice based on differences of culture? How else do you explain that islamophobia is a form of racism?
BTW, it's not only me that maintains that argument, it's a lot of august bodies also.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Only you are having difficulty with accepting the concepts.
Blightymam (and myself in the past) has frequently said that your posts often apply to yourself; this is a classic.
A simple statement without any attempt at explanation or examples.
Please elaborate.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

:rolleyes:
How can we know what it means, and provide a definition if we do not understand the concept?
You're having a laugh.
Please explain how we do not understand the concept. Perhaps by giving your understanding of the concept of cultural racism.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

You remind me of Trump.
He says something totally outrageous.
The media report it.
The next day, when questioned about it, he uses the fact that he read it in the media to verify that it is true.
You're being really weird.
You remind me of Frank Spencer, you get yourself all confused.

Sponsored Links
A simple statement without any attempt at explanation or examples.
Please elaborate.

And another one! Keep em coming Himmy. You're making this very easy!

Oh dear, we've got the goon and the gormless now to contend with.
If you insist. As I consider you as the gormless one I'll provide an explanation of gormless:
Lacking intelligence, sense or understanding; foolish.

You thought you had the monopoly on insults?

I'll provide an explanation of gormless:
Lacking intelligence, sense or understanding; foolish.

Thanks so much for explaining your traits, very kind but I had figured that out for myself.

You thought you had the monopoly on insults?
Not at all, never said I had and you're way ahead of me, always have been. And there lies the problem. Well, that and the bit above too about lacking intelligence, sense etc.

THAT'S WHY THE OFFENCE IS CALLED RACIAL DISCRIMINATION YOU STUPID PERSON.
You're shouting.
You're being insulting.
It's not convincing.
You still don't understand the difference between racism and discrimination.
Discrimination is an offence. Racism isn't.
We've already done this at least once.

So how about your understanding of cultural racism, which you claim I didn't understand?
Or did that silly claim just roll off your tongue without thinking it through?

I'll tell you what, you don't think that cultural racism exists, and if it did you wouldn't understand the concept. So you don't need to use the term.
Meanwhile, I, and social scientists, and other erstwhile people do understand the concept and we'll use it as and when it's appropriate.

You're still denying the existence of the concept of cultural racism, despite the adoption of it by many august bodies.
Still waiting for your understanding of the concept of cultural racism.

There is none it is a nonsense. An oxymoron.

For the sake of my sanity I'm putting you on ignore.

I've never done that before but you are a waste of time.

Bye.

There is none it is a nonsense. An oxymoron.
Then why did you claim I didn't understand the concept of cultural racism. As I said, if you can't use it because you don't understand it, you don't need to use it. Leave it to those that do understand it.

For the sake of my sanity I'm putting you on ignore.
Make sure you don't get yourself confused.

Bye.
Was it so important to you? Why?
Perhaps you could advise Wikipedia, UN, Swedish government and scientific bodies that it doesn't exist, it's an oxymoron.

Moderator's note

Insults and bad language are not welcome.

Sponsored Links
Back