Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon All,

So as winter get ever closer, It would seem our heating would pack up ! Such is life.
The issue we are having is thus:
The boiler refuses to light, often starting and stopping the fan and not progressing to ignition.
Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Maybe you could get an electronics guy to replace the fan relay on the board but hardly worth it for the cost.

Sponsored Links
Best not to tamper with it. Get a heating guy in to sort it out (probably PCB) but it controls saftey features so is seen as a gas component and requires checks to be done when fitting.

I've got an Ultimate 40FF and it wouldn't fire up because it seems there was a blockage in the pipe stub on the fan housing where the pipe goes to the pressure switch

Actually Dan, this problem started a few weeks after it was serviced by the bloke who installed it. He said it needed a new PCB and I said it didn't because I could get it to fire up by pulling off one of the air pipes. This was years ago and I might not have been breaking the law then by working on my own boiler.

Actually Dan, this problem started a few weeks after it was serviced by the bloke who installed it. He said it needed a new PCB and I said it didn't because I could get it to fire up by pulling off one of the air pipes. This was years ago and I might not have been breaking the law then by working on my own boiler.

But you are making it potentially unsafe by tampering with a safety device.

Hang on, how old is it? Glow-worm have recycled a model name with the Ultimate

Boiler dates back to 2000. I didn't pull the pipe off and leave it off, only to test what was wrong. OK I know I've sinned by opening up my boiler . Bloke who installed and serviced it claimed he was Corgi registered. Similar fault occurred when fan motor was wearing out and presumably not getting up to speed fast enough.

Hi, my boiler has just developed the same fault, did you manage to fix yours?

Thanks G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back