Gobby dog

As a dog owner myself I would never assume anyone is happy with a dog unless they've invited the inaction themselves.

One of my daughters friends is terrified of dogs so when she comes round we have the dogs in another room and that's how it should be.

Our two Labradors have never shown any aggression towards anybody but at the end of the day they are still partially wild animals when all said and done.

I don't find it unreasonable for people to be frightened or apprehensive of dogs and as an owner I respect their position.

Sponsored Links
A dog will bite a child completely at random no provoking necessary. Sometimes the child dies. More often the dog is destroyed. What do you find is over the top about a dog randomly biting a child?

Your suggestion that it is perfectly normal for a dog to attack a child, rather than a rare exception and usually involve dogs bred and/or trained for aggression. I have been around dogs almost all of my life.

As a dog owner myself I would never assume anyone is happy with a dog unless they've invited the inaction themselves.

One of my daughters friends is terrified of dogs so when she comes round we have the dogs in another room and that's how it should be.

Our two Labradors have never shown any aggression towards anybody but at the end of the day they are still partially wild animals when all said and done.

That is what I would do too, if a person has issues with dogs, not that I can even remember ever having a visitor with such an issue - rather it has been the opposite problem, of dogs being so fussing so much, they have had to be shut away, so we could get on with the purpose of the visit.

So you are suggesting that you would put the dogs in another room if a fearsome visitor arrived - that rather suggests that usually you would not, so you therefore have no real concerns if someone is OK with dogs?

I always do ask and then give them a treat to give the dog, simply to stop her exited barking. It works every time, but then the problem is she becomes too freindly with them, once she has made friends with them.

Not really no.

A dog will bite a child completely at random no provoking necessary. Sometimes the child dies. More often the dog is destroyed. What do you find is over the top about a dog randomly biting a child?

You forgot to add very very very rarely, in that little piece of over the top sensationalism.

Do you write headlines for the Sun.?

More chance of dying from the Covid Vaccine.

Sponsored Links
You forgot to add very very very rarely, in that little piece of over the top sensationalism.

Do you write headlines for the Sun.?

More chance of dying from the Covid Vaccine.
Yes, very, very rarely someone dies of a dog attack. But it’s not just the deaths though, is it? There are hundreds if not thousands of attacks and quite a few have caused disfigurement for life. A girl I knew 50 years ago had a scarred face due to a dog bite and my friends wife also has a scar on her face due to a dog bite when she was young.

Have a read here for the latest stats:

"In 20 years, admissions for dog bites almost tripled, from six to 15 per 100,000 people, which equalled 8,000 admissions in 2018".

"In 20 years, admissions for dog bites almost tripled, from six to 15 per 100,000 people, which equalled 8,000 admissions in 2018".

As the article suggests, an upsurge in dog ownership due to the covid lock downs, many of whom may not have been responsible owners, many choosing perhaps the more viscous breeds to match the image they have of themselves. Hardly fair to point the finger at the more responsible owners who didn't get a dog for their entertainment during covid outbreak.

As the article suggests, an upsurge in dog ownership due to the covid lock downs, many of whom may not have been responsible owners, many choosing perhaps the more viscous breeds to match the image they have of themselves. Hardly fair to point the finger at the more responsible owners who didn't get a dog for their entertainment during covid outbreak.
Since when has life been fair and many so called responsible owners cant always see past the end of their nose and wear blinkers to anybodys elses concerns!

As the article suggests, an upsurge in dog ownership due to the covid lock downs,
The article gives data on the rise in dog attacks over a 20 year period from 1998 to 2018. Remind me again when covid and lockdowns started.

I remember a nice sunny evening a few years ago when we'd walked out to a far away t'pub. I wasn't all that surprised to find our villages resident idiot, power drinker & ne'er do' well'er was sat opposite us. keen not to attract my attention.

In comes a local, supposedly out walking his collie, the type that enjoys his brief escape from the missus & that what she watches on her telly, to take the dog out not much further than t'pub for a quick half.

Village idiot, in his alcohol induced wisdom, begins to play footsie with the collie. Does he think that no one can see this?

When the collie finally reacted & nipped the tossers ankle, the all day power drinker turns on the timid local (out for a brief half to escape the monotony of his life providing for a missus who thinks he's a failure) & blames his lack of control over this collie for his newly bitten ankle.

It could all have gone horribly wrong, if the all day power drinking ne'er do well'er had forgotten that his nemesis was sat opposite & fixing him with an icy stare . . . .

"Drink up & F off yowth, while you still can".

No. I’m just glad I’m not sitting on a table opposite you in t'pub giving me that icy stare. How do you know it’s icy - do you practice it in the mirror?

The article gives data on the rise in dog attacks over a 20 year period from 1998 to 2018. Remind me again when covid and lockdowns started.

OK, I missed that, but dogs have been on the increase especially during the covid and many buy them as a fashion accessory - they are not the traditional reasons for having dogs, nor the traditional dog owners.

In comes a local, supposedly out walking his collie, the type that enjoys his brief escape from the missus & that what she watches on her telly, .....
Is that a special breed of collie?

Many dog owners think it's ok to utter 'it's only being playful' or 'it wouldn't hurt a fly' when their pride and joy bounds up to a complete stranger, and they often find it funny if someone objects...

If that happens to an adult, most times it can be dealt with...

For a child it can be terrifying and can stay with them for life...

But here's a tip.

If you're out and about and one of these pests decides to be 'playful', then simply ask the owner if they'd be happy if you sniffed their genitals/arse 'just for fun'...

Invariably the answer would be something along the lines of 'that's disgusting'...

Bingo!

Sponsored Links
Back