Government 5 : 0 Leaseholders

NHBC? Instead of C E we can revert to the kite Mark. Have you seen how hard the E U have come down on Saint Gobain though?
No neither have I.

yeah they will get away with it probably donate to political parties ;)

scoundrels

Sponsored Links
The main housebuilders are sharks in my experience. They knock every subcontractor they use at any possible opportunity knowing that if you want to take them to court, it’ll take so long & cost so much, 99% don’t bother.
They should bear the majority of costs involved without a doubt.

Sponsored Links
This is similar to the region in Spain that was demolishing villas to build roads & making the owners pay for it!
The leaseholders have zero responsibility in this. What about when they had a survey done to get a mortgage? Surely this wouldn’t hold up in court.
Also, as a heating engineer, if I falsified a document (gas certificate) & people died directly or indirectly as a result, I’m going to prison. No doubt.

leaseholding is antiquiated and need to end - but I suspect whatever happens from this - nothing will really change.

It has its benefits in certain aspects like tower blocks for instance, if they weren't lease hold there would be a lot of argument in respect of the building conditions.

We all know not everyone looks after their houses/flats the same as each other, and with flats there are communal areas like lifts and corridors, stairs that isn't the responsibility of the home owner.

Regulatory failure and weak oversight for both the manufacturers and the builders.

Why is it that we have consumer protections for buying cars, medical equipment but when it comes to buying a home its caveat emptor?

Easy one this.......

Money

Regulatory failure and weak oversight for both the manufacturers and the builders.

Why is it that we have consumer protections for buying cars, medical equipment but when it comes to buying a home its caveat emptor?

In other news, building companies donate money to the Conservative party.

Have you ever thought about investigative journalism John?
Judging by the depth & detail of your posts...... don’t bother. You could try viz though.

How old is the block G? Could you provide a bit more info please.

Sponsored Links
Back