Great news on the vaccine!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank **** someone did. How do you think anyone get to be a political party leader, by being nice and polite?
I agree. It's a pi$$ poor time to be front and centre of British politics. Covid is horrible and Brexit is a caustic political mess that will garner little outside support and is only favourable to those hard-line Brexiteers whose attention span and tolerance goes beyond Bozzas other failures.

That’s not the Tories fault though is it? That’s the fault of those that committed the fraud.

In order to enable companies to get the money quickly enough, the normal checks and balance weren't done, allowing fraud.

That's not the governments fault.

I will admit to not having read all the posts in this thread so please forgive if this has been brought up but I have copied this from a very close facebook friend.
Let me know your thoughts.

"I was born in the era of thalidomide. If my mother had had morning sickness, she would have taken this widely available "super safe" drug. Luckily for me, she didn't.
A few years later it became apparent that it did far more harm than good. Of the babies who survived, most are my age.
So when I see the news headlines about a new wonder vaccine that has been found against Covid and they plan to roll it out across all generations, it makes me bloody nervous. Its great that they have a vaccine, but how safe is it long term?
Do they wait a year or two and see if the people who trialled it become ill, or sterile, or have babies with birth defects, or are suddenly more likely to get cancer or suffer from mental health issues? Or do they plough ahead and immunise? What a terrible decision for them to have to make."

You need to consider that the plan is to role it out by risk category. so those at the highest risk of dying from Covid will get it first. The long term downsides of the vaccine in the over 75s is unlikely to be such an issue. It will however reduce the death toll by around 75%.

Medicine for over 75s is very much considered against a back drop of 10 years rather than cure. E.g cancer treatment tends to be about management than cure at that age

I will admit to not having read all the posts in this thread so please forgive if this has been brought up but I have copied this from a very close facebook friend.
Let me know your thoughts.
Your friend is 59-62.

Your friend isn't up to speed on modern research methods and adverse reaction reporting.

In short, we test massively more than we did then and have been doing vaccines for centuries.

I do think also it depends on how badly hit an area you are in. Where I am (so far), it's not been silly and no local lockdowns, unlike where you are?
Been nothing where we live.
Nor where the doctors is.
According to the answerphone, it was a group decision to shut.

I agree. Covid is horrible and Brexit is a caustic political mess that will garner little outside support and is only favourable to those hard-line Brexiteers
What a properly stupid comment..Covid is of no benefit to anyone.

Sponsored Links
Back