Great news on the vaccine!!

I mentioned earlier that the Government is setting up the GPs to be the fall guy. The Government will trumpet we have access to the vaccine (headline figures not the actual amount delivered) and then turn around and say the NHS and GPs cannot deliver this vaccine. The DES contract which I mentioned earlier currently as it stands will lose money for practices - they will have to pay for the vaccine up front (strange when it comes to PPE for their mates the Government pre pays them) and then claim it back. On top no mention has been made of the ultra low temp fridges and storage needed - GPs do not have these and how will home visits work in storing and transporting a vaccine that needs to be kept at -70?

To finish this off - the 90% efficacy is for people under 55 who do not have underlying health conditions like obesity, COPD.
Mr Negative

Sponsored Links
I mentioned earlier that the Government is setting up the GPs to be the fall guy. The Government will trumpet we have access to the vaccine (headline figures not the actual amount delivered) and then turn around and say the NHS and GPs cannot deliver this vaccine. The DES contract which I mentioned earlier currently as it stands will lose money for practices - they will have to pay for the vaccine up front (strange when it comes to PPE for their mates the Government pre pays them) and then claim it back. On top no mention has been made of the ultra low temp fridges and storage needed - GPs do not have these and how will home visits work in storing and transporting a vaccine that needs to be kept at -70?

To finish this off - the 90% efficacy is for people under 55 who do not have underlying health conditions like obesity, COPD.
Mr Negative

you so dumb? You said no one benefited from Covid.
I was referring more in human terms of catching the damn thing..Not taking into account your obsessionwith everything in money terms..Of course vaccine manufacturers etc make money...

Are you so dumb? You said no one benefited from Covid.

Many people did - that's a fact. You should stop writing down the first thought that enters your head.

What rubbish are you smoking?
I amnot as obsessed with all things economic as you are.

Sponsored Links
As Brig said...Maybe I misinderstood your comment but could not see your point of mentioning brexit and covid in same sentence
Mottie and I were discussing the thankless task of being PM.
I iterated that it's no fun being PM presently owing to the horrible and contentious issues of Covid and Brexit.

It's easier if you just follow the thread.(y)

Won't know whether the vaccine is effective until it is rolled out.
It is not uncommon for these commercial companies to make all sorts of claims in order to attract investors.

Mottie and I were discussing the thankless task of being PM.
I iterated that it's no fun being PM presently owing to the horrible and contentious issues of Covid and Brexit.

It's easier if you just follow the thread.(y)
Indeed.

I don't need to know where you live, but the map of Covid Cases per population suggests otherwise.

View attachment 210924
Seven–day rolling rate of new cases by specimen date ending on 04 Nov 2020

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

The purple colour indicates a rate of more than 400 cases in 100,000 population. It is the highest category on the UK map.

Deep blue indicates 201-400 cases.

View attachment 210925

I said "been". The doctors has been closed since March. The rate from then was as good as nothing, although it has climbed very recently, hence the nationwide measures.

Plus, Staffs is bigger than just around Stafford.

Nah. In any team, it’s the manager that gets the credit or the chop.

Though, funnily enough, the Cummings government likes to sack the civil servants, but not the incompetent ministers.

Gaining credit is a PR stunt.

Speaking of which,

https://www.ft.com/content/6159d5b7-171c-49ed-b318-144efcc4ca2a

"A director of the public relations firm paid £670,000 to advise the head of the UK government’s coronavirus vaccine taskforce is a longstanding business associate of Dominic Cummings’s father-in-law.

On Sunday it was reported that Kate Bingham, chair of the task force, billed taxpayers £670,000 for a team of boutique public relations consultants called Admiral Public Relations.

Since June, she has used eight full-time consultants from Admiral to run the vaccine taskforce’s media strategy — equivalent to an annual £167,000 salary for each consultant."

One government figure admitted that there had not been an open procurement process but said this was usual practice for Whitehall in some circumstances. Neither the government nor Admiral had provided a response by noon on Tuesday.

Sponsored Links
Back