Half the village without water. Don't Panic!

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today half the village woke up without water.
Some here would call this "first world problems". Another government failure - rather than investing in our infrastructures they've been ****ing our money up the wall.

Sponsored Links
The biggest failure in this regard to my mind is the fact that these companies that supply an essential product or service are set up to massively reward the shareholders while screwing their customers to kingdom come.

The water companies in particular have been aided and abetted by Tory MPs who voted to allow them to continue to pump **** into our rivers. Instead of spending money to do the right thing.

The biggest failure in this regard to my mind is the fact that these companies that supply an essential product or service are set up to massively reward the shareholders while screwing their customers to kingdom come.
We also have leaks... and some high prices...
But we may have a somewhat better feeling towards the company, as it is a 'not for profit' - Dŵr Cymru

Sponsored Links
Water, heat and shelter aren't first world problems at all. They're normally only problems for the third world, it's depressing that we're starting to share in them again.

Tut, typical village mentality.

This week they have no water & next week they have floods.

Has anyone in't mythical t'village considered buying a house a bit further up the hill ???

Blimey water companies

All the top directors are fat salaries
And pension fund plus other perks

Than they have the nerve to send me a bill for 300 squid o_O

For some thing that falls out the sky for free

Only problem they have it’s addressed to a mrs Transam not mr Transam

Under the data protection act they are. Not allowed to talk to me about the bill

So said invoice is nowt to do with me ( apparently)

They got debt collectors onto Mrs Transam

Told them to go and do one :ROFLMAO:

Water may fall out of the sky, but when it reaches your tap it aint free, same goes for the other end.

Thames water are leaking 163 litres per person per day. A large bath full. :censored:

Tut, typical village mentality.

This week they have no water & next week they have floods.

Has anyone in't mythical t'village considered buying a house a bit further up the hill ???
Too expensive

Wasting water

Blimey blame the fruit cakes who came up with the toilet dump valve flushing caper

As opposed to the non leaking old fashioned syphon flush mechanism

Thousands of gallons per day are being lost due to dump valves that are not seating correctly

Typical some fruit cake comes up
With some caper to
Save water on a flush and it has the opposite effect

Water may fall out of the sky, but when it reaches your tap it aint free, same goes for the other end.

That’s exactly what those representing the water board
Told me

Than they said who do I expect to pay it ?

I said the chief exec should cough up

I got the distinct impression that the bloke though I was a lady’s Willy

Granted he never used that exact wording

But it was implied imo
:oops:

Thames water are leaking 163 litres per person per day. A large bath full. :censored:
**** me i am a clatty bugger and only use half a ton 500L a month or 17L a day mostly basin washes or baths
with the odd shower i have always been conscious off good clean drinking water flushed down the toilet so hate waste and the bad feeling off good drinking water flushed away whilst others struggle or suffer?:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back