Help to Identify Vokera Part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi My gas engineer advises a new heat exchanger I said I would supply.

It's a Vokera Excell 80 SP circa 1994. I took a note of the serial number as

N5/0012749. It appears there are a choice of two parts, a 7140 and 8036. 8036 Is apparently a newer version.

The exact info I see online says "up to serial number N5/005354 and N5/066016" for heat exchanger 7140.

Perhaps i'm being a bit thick (which is getting me a bit confused...!) but why have two numbers like this and not just say "up to 066016"

Would just like someone to help confirm my serial no. means I need this 7140 exchanger

Many Thanks

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Is it the main heat exchanger (in which case only one type fitted to many Vokera boilers) or the HW heat exchanger which had two different types.

What kind of engineer is it that says you supply the part and he will fit it. i trust you checked his ID to see if he really is a heating engineer capable of working on gas boilers

Forget serial no. On data badge look for the gc no. if it's 4709416 you need part 7140. If it's 4709417 you need 8036 Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Yes the OP is one of those who resents the engineer makin a miniscule mark up on spares - so carry on let him struggle, then he will understand how hard it can be identifying parts, that then turn up wrong and have to be sent back etc etc, makes the 20% mark up look good value now dosen't it!! ;)

Wouldn't be messing about on an old boiler like this with a main
part like this. Get a new boiler.

Yes the OP is one of those who resents the engineer makin a miniscule mark up on spares - so carry on let him struggle, then he will understand how hard it can be identifying parts, that then turn up wrong and have to be sent back etc etc, makes the 20% mark up look good value now dosen't it!! ;)

No, actually the engineer is (to reply to an above post) gas safe registered, I know him quite well, he actually thinks he can probably source a used one for me (to my surprise and not at my request) but I was thinking it sounds best to me to just source a new replacement. Some online suppliers are way cheaper than some local merchants can be, so if I can save £40-50 you bet your as* I will. I will of course gladly pay to have this professional fit it. He will be quite happy i've saved a bit of money and I expect equally happy I hand him the part

So, Mr Boilerman2 get off your high horse. It's you who would resent somebody sourcing a part themselves

To the other poster- I did actually discuss with him whether we should be thinking about complete replacement but having looked after this boiler (and others for me) he certainly seemed to feel we should repair rather than junk it altogether. I appreciate it's getting old.

Thanks for the helpful replies, seems the heat's been getting to some heating engineers

Is it the main heat exchanger (in which case only one type fitted to many Vokera boilers) or the HW heat exchanger which had two different types.

What kind of engineer is it that says you supply the part and he will fit it. i trust you checked his ID to see if he really is a heating engineer capable of working on gas boilers

It is the part sitting above the gas flame at pretty much the top of the unit.

More than anything the reason for my post was finding a private someone on ebay with a 7140 after buying the 8036 by accident

Silver wrote
More than anything the reason for my post was finding a private someone on ebay with a 7140 after buying the 8036 by accident

The part that sits atop the flame is nirther 7140 nor 8036, These parts are located to right of pump,

With regard to boiler being replaced, I would suggest you get it serviced, if you can find some, like it says in the manual. This boiler will easily outlast lot of boiler that are being fitted at present.

Thanks. I'll ask the engineer about giving it a service when he rectify's this problem.

The part looks a bit like a small car radiator. Right at the top of the boiler, it's silver, sits horizontally, and is the width/depth of the unit. Pin hole water leak from it.

I thought he said it was the heat exchanger but maybe i'm mistaken...

Either it is the MAIN heat exchanger or the HOT WATER heat exchanger. Only one type former and two different types later

That's the main heat exchanger you're describing. If the connectors on your exsisting one are right angles you need part 5356, if they are horizontal you need 5351.

Why not let your engineer get the part do you don't have to worry about getting the right one

Ollski wrote

If the connectors on your exsisting one are right angles you need part 5356, if they are horizontal you need 5351.

80SP will only have the ones where a cap nut is fitted. Right angled connections HEs are for 96 model

Vok main HEs seem very prone to leaking although they look the same as other makes.

I have changed 4 on Voks and just 2 on other makes!

As advised its normally left to the engineer to source parts and have all the hassle of getting the right part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back