henleys

Sponsored Links
thanks crafty i am currently studying 2360 part 2 and the use of these connectors have not been described to us as yet may be coming up later but am interested in their use at the meter/

Sponsored Links
Click the photo.

Usage should be obvious - 1 set of tails from the meter + need to supply more than 1CU.

SO TO UTILISE A HELEY THEN THE LOCAL ELECTRICITY SUPPLIER WOULD HAVE TO REMOVE THEIR SUPPLY FUSE FIRST? AND THIS WOULD BE IDEAL FOR EXAMPLE SOMEONE WHOM WANTS A SHOWER FITTING HAS NO RCD OR SPARE WAY IN C/U TO ANOTHER C/U WITH A 45A 30mA RCD FOR EXAMPLE I KNOW THAT RATING WILL DEPEND ON APPLIANCE ETC.

Always make sure the supply fuse has been removed before you mess with the tails. Always check polarity too. It's not unheard of for the incoming supply to have been switched round somewhere. That being the case, the "dead" supply could still be live.

Are you talking to me bas? If you are can you be a little more specific?

TO BE HONEST ONLY THE BASICS RING MAINS LIGHTING CIRCUITS RADIALS ETC HAVE NOT TOUCHED ON WORK FROM METER TO CONSUMER UNITS WHAT CAN OR CANT BE DONE ONLY RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT IF TAILS EXCEED 3M FROM METER THEN AN ADDITINAL DP AND N SWITCH KMF IS REQUIRED ASED LECTURER WHAT A KMF WAS HE DID NOT KNOW?

Oohh - that's better. :D

KMF? NFI. ;)

It's part of the model number for MEM switchfuses, e.g. 800KMF for an 80A one - maybe it's his generic term for a switchfuse - that would make sense, as that's what you need for tails over a certain length....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back