Hey, wee Jimmy. No!

Sponsored Links
Yes let's just keep having referendums
Why not? If Brexit turns out to be a crock, or if it is handled badly by the Tories, then why not? There is little appetite for it now so let the will of the people dictate.

I dependant Scotland then joining the EU

What would they bring to the EU table?

A cap in hand? :sneaky::)

Why not? If Brexit turns out to be a crock, or if it is handled badly by the Tories, then why not? There is little appetite for it now so let the will of the people dictate.
Exactly. Everytime we get a result we don't like, we should have a re-run. I've emailed the F.A. to get the Wigan match replaid, also the planning committee to demand a re-vote on a couple of supermarkets, and will use this principle next time the fam want a KFC but I vote for Maccy D. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Everytime we get a result we don't like, we should have a re-run
I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. Rather, if Brexit turns out bad for the UK, then The Will Of The People have the right to voice their opinion in a referendum. If The Will Of The People say let's rejoin, then so be it.

I say let The Will Of The People have their Brexit.......

after Brexit has been finalised

Scotland have been barred from any of the discussions with the EU, Despite many of the issues directly affecting Scotland and the Judicial system up here, which is different from the English system? Is this a nice even playing field? a case of sit down shut up and we will take it from here??

doesn't work for RBS does he?

RBS was doing fine then bought out by an English bank, then and only then the governance imposed assisted in the banking crash?

hat would they bring to the EU table?

Fish? for starters? Scotland exports a load of fish to the EU so much that the Scottish market cannot get much of the fish landed, it is more lucrative for the fishermen to air freight fresh catches to the EU

Afaik the fishing industry supported brexit

Yes to a man brexit was supported because of the negotiations of the UK Government with the EU that agreed to the EU and Quotas.

Scotland if independent could?? negotiate a more lucrative system of deals?? where Scotland can derive a large benefit

I only have one good Scottish friend, but he genuinely believes that Scotland would be a wealthier nation if it was independent (and he is a senior manager of an international bank, and has economics or accounting degree of somesort, he is a clever chap).

He sounds clever. I bet he voted for brexit too.

They had their chance to become independent. The question asked in the Scottish referendum was "Should Scotland be an independent country?"

They chose no. End of.

But the political landscape of the UK has changed - when they were asked, there was no sign that the UK would leave the EU.
It's like being asked if you want to remain a member of an exclusive golf club and spa resort, say yes, then get told a month later that the golf course is being closed and turned to flats and the spa will only be open during the day while you are at work. Sort of.

Yep, has been pointed out several times before that English people who think independence is best for our country are totally against the idea of Scottish also being independent

Really?
Have never seen it.

Sponsored Links
Back