Hot news for Apple users...

Sponsored Links
Fantastic news. Don't forget though,,, Once Steve Jobs and Apple have all your data in "the cloud.", there's nothing to stop them pulling the plug on it unless you pay ££££'s per week/month /year, to use their server space.

Same thing happened years ago with bank accounts. Almost everyone is now paid directly into their bank accounts, and there's lots of these banks charge people £££'s per year, for the pleasure of holding on to their money for them (whilst making money on that same money)

PS, don't bet on much customer support from Apple when your account etc gets hacked. They'll pull out all the stops to deny responsibility (same as they did last month with the Apple Malware program that was ruining peoples expensive AppleMac's :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(oooh, I forgot AppleMac's don't suffer from anything ,,,,, Do they?)

Sponsored Links
Nice link Adrian,,,,, Seems to take my computer in a loop back to here. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yesterdays big news from WWDC 2011...

ios5
icloud
Lion

Watch live- http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/11piubpwiqubf06/event/

have a look around... http://www.apple.com/uk/[/QUOTE]

As an Apple developer I can comment on the following

1. ios5, nothing major Im afraid, the social communication accounts is nice (twitter, facebook etc now integrated) as is iCloud (see below). Wifi Synch with itunes is also a good idea but would appear to be ripped off from a fellow developer.

2. iCloud (Apple currently facing a lawsuit over that one) is replacing MobileMe, MobileMe subscribers get a 1 year free extension to their account until July 2012 to help in the transition. It's no different to Googles EC "free" cloud services which they "could" start charging for.

3. Lion is a mixed bag, it's just as well it's cheap (about £20 through appstore come July) as I dont think theres anything major in its "250" new features. full screen apps is ok and the new dashboard is nice, but apart form that.. meh.

As to the comment about Apple not supporting their users, theyve been very vocal about their support for the poor developers being sued over inapp-purchases by Lodsys, they have since offered their own legal backing to any developer in this suit.

Lodsys themselves being sued over patent technologies is a delicious irony.

Apple also , maybe a bit late, raised the malware issue to public information and released an update to block/remove it (Security update last week).

Sponsored Links
Back